Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 19:16   #1
BHPian

dust in headlights!!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please type in full and proper use of the English language, for the benefit of other community users. SMS / Slang / Short-form typing is not permitted on Team-BHP. Thanks

my oha,s headlights are only 4-5 months old.lights are almost new and havent experinced any type of accident.i dont know from where dust is entering in the head lights.i have checked them for any type of cracks or holes from where dust can enter,but havent found any.
can u guys plz help me how can i remove headlights glass from it?as i can see its been glued to it.i have found some threads in which it is mentioned how to remove glass from headlight.some says do it with help of bowling water,some says to do it with blow torch,some says to keep it in oven.
guys plz suggest which will be the safest way to remove headlight's glass without doing any damage to any part.
need help desperatly .

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2007 at 12:48.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:19   #2
BHPian

Whats the point..The lights will become dusty again after sometime, Its pretty normal to happen in Clear Lamp setup since the dust apparently becomes more visible than in Normal Lamp setup.

I suggest don't bother unless you find a very much noticble Dust Patch or Deposits of Dust.

You can also, Simply remove the Filament, clean the lamp with compressed air with considerable lowered preassure.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Whats the point..The lights will become dusty again after sometime, Its pretty normal to happen in Clear Lamp setup since the dust apparently becomes more visible than in Normal Lamp setup.

I suggest don't bother unless you find a very much noticble Dust Patch or Deposits of Dust.

You can also, Simply remove the Filament, clean the lamp with compressed air with considerable lowered preassure.
how filament can be removed?
Old 1st July 2007, 19:30   #4
BHPian

Just remove the Bulbs and Holder- Make sure you don't touch the Bulb otherwise it will stain.

Now Blow in Compressed Air( Lowered Preassure)otherwise you will either crack the plastic or blow the lid all the way to Hazaratganj..lol

Just do it with precaution, This works well for my lancer-Non clear lamp type, For my Indica I am waiting for some visible dust patch.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Just remove the Bulbs and Holder- Make sure you don't touch the Bulb otherwise it will stain.

Now Blow in Compressed Air( Lowered Preassure)otherwise you will either crack the plastic or blow the lid all the way to Hazaratganj..lol

Just do it with precaution, This works well for my lancer-Non clear lamp type, For my Indica I am waiting for some visible dust patch.

thanks wolfinstein.i will surely take precautions so that lid remains where it is .have u been to lucknow?
Old 1st July 2007, 19:41   #6
BHPian

what you can do to prevent furthur entering of the dust if to use of silicon paste(available at a hardware store) around the crack.
Old 1st July 2007, 19:53   #7
BHPian

My Hometown is Lucknow...!

As a Preventive measure, You try filling in Silicon Paste Sealent( The one that kind of rubberizes, was mostly used by plumbers abroad now I see it even at garages) at the Head Light joints and Lining..or simply Super Wiz it..But make sure you drop either inside.

The silicon paste will cover most dust, I have never done this, But happened to see it being done on an City NHC.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 1st July 2007 at 19:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks