Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 21:03   #1
BHPian

Difficult to diagnose noise from Santro

Hi,

I need some help, my Santro which is 15 months old and has done around 16,200 Kms has developed a strange problem.

It has a slight noise coming from the left front side, the noise is as if someone has kept something in the glove box.

The noise is slight and comes only with windows up and in particular circumstances, say at some specific speeds on only some particular type of roads.

Got the suspension and steering checked from Hyundai Motor Plaza today and also asked the supervisor to go with me for a test drive, he couldn't figure out the noise and told me that he couldn't hear any noise.

Went to one more workshop (AutoEngineers) at Noida Sector 16 market, this guy could hear the noise but couldn't figure out the cause... he also thinks steering and suspension are fine ...

I still can hear the noise ... it gets worse or better depending on the weather conditions, road conditions etc ....

Although the car feels perfectly OK to drive otherwise the noise does bother me ... any ideas to resolve this are welcome ....

Please help !!!
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:18   #2
BHPian

Hi I think I have a solution to u r problem

Hi DJ The THAK - THAK sound that comes from the left side of your dash in your santro is from the heater matrix inside the blower assembly falling out of its mount. Get someone to open it up and fix it back in its slot by replacing the foam packings.

You can confim that this is from the heater matrix by placing your hand on the blower assembly in the centre of the dash and asking youe girlfriend / friend / wife drive the vehicle over a speed breaker or a rough patch of road. When you hear the sound, you can feel vibrations on the blower assembly.

Best Wishes Lifewater
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:28   #3
BHPian

Thanks Lifewater, will try this out and report ... seems like this could be the cause ....

Most Viewed