Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 14:21   #46

Re: Major engine problem in a 40-day-old Jeep Compass

With each passing day I'm getting more convinced to stay away from Jeep. It's is already considered as an unreliable brand in USA, unfortunately Jeep is considered as a luxury or a semi luxury brand in India.
Old 2nd December 2022, 23:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Hello fellow team-bhpians,

I am reaching out on behalf of my Brother who purchased Jeep Compass diesel 4*4 automatic limited (O) on 8th September 2022 from Car Planet Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Raipur. Within 40 days of delivery, and barely driving few hundred KMs his car ran into serious engine issue.
I am quoting his ordeal below for you all to read. The same has been posted on twitter but the issue seems to be going nowhere as of now.
Read a horror story involving a new Polo stalling and the dealer turning the other way. These horrendous stories never seem to end. This is where our lowly Marutis score not to forget the Koreans In Action. Maybe when the NCAP India kicks in next year, we will have a better bouquet of choice. It should put the Germans in their place.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:48   #48
BHPian

Dear All,

I am too facing similar issue and less than 80 days into purchase, my vehicle stopped on a highway at midnight risking my family. Upon frequent follow ups they said rocker arms are broken and will replace them. I have rejected their offer and have asked for the new replacement. I told them that I will press gor legal and since then no email response. They call and update and they write nothing on email. My vehicle is still with them after being towed.

They said the the very same to me. That they have never dealt such before. My purchase was on 1st sep 2022. Let me know if u want to connect and fight it out legally.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 3rd December 2022 at 17:31. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 4th December 2022, 11:43   #49
BHPian

Here's to hope that with such experiences shared, wisdom prevails and buyers stop putting their hard earned money on this shit brand.

Totally unacceptable purely from a product quality perspective, it doesn't even matter how the situation gets handled and whether they rectify it to the satisfaction of the owner.

These kind of problems indicate clear incompetence at Jeep's global design division as well as the local assembly facility.

A brand that doesn't care about its products cannot be expected to care for its customers.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 08:24   #50
BHPian

Unfortunately the public at large is unaware regarding jeep Q&C/Reliability. And at the price niche they're at now,no real competitors. This why they seem to sell.Maybe hycross can be considered an indirect competitor depending on the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks