Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:54   #1

1999 Baleno - Check Engine Light

While driving the check engine light appears and the car loses power and shut off. This occurs randomly. Also if i keep the car rev high the car will drive but the check engine light is still on. The light will disappear if the car is off for over 2 hours. The diagnostic error code is 47 which is not listed in any suzuki books i have.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:26   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Though I am not quite sure of what error 47 is, I suggest you show the car to a tuning company who can diagnose the problem. One thing is for sure, the ECU has gone into safe mode. Do check the crank position sensor and the cam position sensors once. Or since you say the light will disappear if the car is off for over 2hrs could it be a heating issue?
Old 10th February 2008, 23:37   #3
BHPian

Baleno Check Engine Light

Hi, i have joined T-BHP very recently ,the probelem u have mentioned is been diagnosed by us long time back in 2001 this is from a faulty CMP SENSOR. This sensor is manufactured by Mitsubishi . replace it with a new one but make sure the one u replace is manufctured after 2004 as there was a problem reported before this batch. Allso change your engine oil after proper flushing with this activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurb_jm View Post
While driving the check engine light appears and the car loses power and shut off. This occurs randomly. Also if i keep the car rev high the car will drive but the check engine light is still on. The light will disappear if the car is off for over 2 hours. The diagnostic error code is 47 which is not listed in any suzuki books i have.
Old 11th February 2008, 11:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

alankar, your answer is absolutely correct.. but you are a bit late !!

Anyway, CMP conking off seems to be a common problem. Any idea how much would a replacement cost?
Old 11th February 2008, 13:49   #5
BHPian

Baleno Check Engine Light

HI, the reason for me being late is that i have joined the forum in dec 08.The cost of CMP sensor is aprox Rs 2300/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
alankar, your answer is absolutely correct.. but you are a bit late !!

Anyway, CMP conking off seems to be a common problem. Any idea how much would a replacement cost?
Old 11th February 2008, 14:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarmotor View Post
HI, the reason for me being late is that i have joined the forum in dec 08.The cost of CMP sensor is aprox Rs 2300/-
You mean Dec 07 .. Dont u ..

Thanks for the details.. Sent you a PM on Tech2. Please respond.
Old 17th December 2011, 21:41   #7
BHPian

Re: 1999 Baleno - Check Engine Light

is CMP sensor of Baleno interchangeable with other marutis like alto, just like many people have used O2 sensor of alto to replace O2 sensor of Baleno (at a lower cost and easy availability)
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:51   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1999 Baleno - Check Engine Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
is CMP sensor of Baleno interchangeable with other marutis like alto, just like many people have used O2 sensor of alto to replace O2 sensor of Baleno (at a lower cost and easy availability)
Aasspl dropped the following reply for you:

Quote:
Theoretically there is no difference,between CMP sensors of Versa, old Swift,and the Baleno, the difference is only with the coupler design. The values are the same, but there is hardly any cost difference. Just make sure if you are buying Baleno CMP,then the manufacturing year of the sensor should be post 2006. This was the time it was identified at Maruti. Also make sure to flush the engine oil and replace with new one before you replace the sensor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks