Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 22:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hopeless suspension in Indica

can something be done about the rear wheels ? while I've seen them put the measuring instruments on them, they said nothing can be done about them
Old 1st May 2012, 10:53   #17
BHPian

Re: Hopeless suspension in Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
SpeedMunster, did you visit the alignment shops - what do they say? I suggest a computerised alignment shop. The manual ones that do alignment, ONLY aligns the front 2 wheels. The idea is that the front wheels take the majority of the load plus, as they are connected to the steering and chances are more that they can go out of alignment.

However, the computerised ones take into account the back wheel too. Can you post some pictures of how the wear and tear is? Is it inwards or outwards or just a lot of wear and tear both inwards and outwards?

Just to clarify, i have a 2006 Indica, and dont have any issues. Also, try searching in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...oblems-65.html

I saw a few TBHPians have complained about rear tyres getting worn out, although i did not read all the responses. You can use the "Search this thread" functionality to search for alignment issues.
deep_bang, i have taken the car to various computerised alignment shops and they all had the same response... 'this is a problem with many indicas and they cannot rectify it'.

also, the wear is in the inner side of the wheels. what is surprising that both tyres are wearing out in a similar manner but visibly the wheels do not seem to have any bend towards the inside or outside.

P.S. I have never even overloaded the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks