Team-BHP - Service manuals & wiring diagrams of Indian cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Service manuals & wiring diagrams of Indian cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/25929-service-manuals-wiring-diagrams-indian-cars.html)

Hi Guys,

I want owner's manual for the above said car. Will any one be able to tell me from where can I get hold of one. I am okay even if I can download the manual from somewhere. I am in need for this manual very very urgently.

Regards,
Kailash

In the West, company and third-party technical manuals for cars which include electrical diagrams and detailed procedures for all kinds of repairs and maintenance are available:

Haynes Repair Manuals
http://www.helminc.com/

I am told, however, that in India, manufacturers zealously gaurd service manuals because they want dealers to have a monopoly on servicing the car. I'm also told that CD copies of such manuals are available from certain quarters in Delhi.

Is this true?

Specifically, I want to be sure that I can get a hold of an Innova manual.

Note from Mod : While we fully encourage the sharing of owner's manuals / handbooks, Team-BHP strictly prohibits plagiarism. We will not permit the sharing of any books & manuals that are otherwise bought for a fee (e.g. Haynes manuals).

Please continue sharing free download links only for OEM owners manuals, and NOT for any paid versions.

If u have an inside man in the company,its easy to source.
U can get a photocopy of the service manual.

It depends on your rapport with the dealer. I have the service and workshop manuals for the swift & baleno's.

can some one share with me service manual and parts catelog of indian baleno. i have some information of the esteem sold outside, the diargarm do not match to that of what exist in car but still gives a fair idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 488734)
can some one share with me service manual and parts catelog of indian baleno. i have some information of the esteem sold outside, the diargarm do not match to that of what exist in car but still gives a fair idea.

Gigy currently my manuals are with a friend of mine called memo45_m (from the forum). Let me know what you need, Il see if I can arrange it for you.

Also, see if you can get onto Worldwide Suzuki Baleno Enthusiasts Group . You will find the service manuals for the baleno's here.

Quite a problem getting hold of service manuals - 20 years, I managed to get hold on one for my TVS Suzuki bike simply because I knew guys there. The Daewoo Matiz manual - I tried with the company/ dealer without success - but happily, someone had the Adobe version up in one of the yahoo groups, and I downloaded it. For my Scorpio, after a few futile attempts with the dealer, I contacted the company and they have agreed to make one available to me (waiting for it). Dealers are not bothered, best option is to write to Toyota for the Innova manual.

I actually have not bought the car yet.

I think one way to get it is to ask for it before booking of the car. If they want to charge 400-500 Rs. for it, fine, that's how much books cost these days.

You have more leverage before you sign on the dotted line.

What do you think of this strategy?

Hi,
Can anybody provide me the service manual for WagonR?

I think Maruti service manuals are easy to procure from the Service centre.
Try there!

Where can i get service manual for Swift? I tried contacting Mandovi motors and RNS motors but in vain, they are not ready to give it out they say they are not supposed to do so.
If some body can at least get me a soft copy it would be really great.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay

You should be able to order the workshop/service manuals from the dealership/service station without unrequired complications I believe

Can the 'Right to Information Act' be used to get the service manuals from the dealers if they don't want to co-operate?

RTI is only to extract info from government, not for private sector. But yes, dealers take that stance and in any case, Service manuals are not standard OTC items. They have to procure from the company against a specific request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 489006)
Can the 'Right to Information Act' be used to get the service manuals from the dealers if they don't want to co-operate?

No it cannot be. RTI has not made an entry into the private sector yet :).