Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 10:51   #46
asault11

Hey can i anyone get me the service manual for honda unicorn and maruti suzuki Zen.

Old 6th August 2007, 23:02   #47
BHPian

Bumping..... Does anyone has workshop manual for OHC?
Old 9th August 2007, 19:43   #48
BHPian

Ok, adding my piece! anyone get chance to try with Tata to get a service manual? I mean the open channel -directly from TELCO not from a friendly service station. I dream to get the Safari DICOR service details. It takes ages to learn a vehicle to good extend- and having the service manual will definitely help to reduce the time frame.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:41   #49
BHPian

Hi Ramki, thanks for helping ! I was looking for an Alto Vxi manual & have just shot off an email to Maruthi
Old 24th September 2007, 00:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

I finally got the service manual for Swift (Petrol). It comes in two volumes and I had to pay a total of Rs. 1032/- for them. They had come to the dealer quite a while back, but I managed to pick them up only recently.
Old 24th September 2007, 01:02   #51
BHPian

How about the manual for the Fiesta 1.4?
Old 24th September 2007, 01:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I finally got the service manual for Swift (Petrol). It comes in two volumes and I had to pay a total of Rs. 1032/- for them. They had come to the dealer quite a while back, but I managed to pick them up only recently.
Even i am searching for a service manual for Swift from a long time but i am still not able to get a copy, You are really lucky to get one.
By the way do you have a soft copy of the service manual??? If yes, it would be really helpfull if you post it here or you can even PM me the link.....

Vijay

Last edited by vijay_k : 24th September 2007 at 01:28.
Old 24th September 2007, 10:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Requested M&M for a service manual, and after 2 months they handed over the service book! Either they are dumb or simply irreverent.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:56   #54
BHPian

Indica Diesel Service Manual

How do i get a service manual from TATA directly ? Has anyone else tried it ?
Old 24th September 2007, 21:55   #55
BHPian

I don't see how service manuals can be a top secret. It just says how to service the car - not how to design the car It also doesn't reveal any trade secret.

And I can bet even if you get the service manual, you'd still take your car to mechanic/garage to fix any problem.

I have seen couple of service manuals - in fact they are quite boring.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
I don't see how service manuals can be a top secret. It just says how to service the car - not how to design the car It also doesn't reveal any trade secret.
The "top secret" is just a sarcastic reference to the way some companies seem to want to prevent any customers from getting their hands on a service manual. The real reason, of course, is just that they are afraid that customers won't service their cars from the dealer.

Quote:
And I can bet even if you get the service manual, you'd still take your car to mechanic/garage to fix any problem.
True in most cases. But the point is being able to understand the repair being done so you can have an intelligent opinion on it. Besides, it's doubtful if the average mechanic knows enough English to really understand the service manual. This way, you can guide him.

Secondly, a lot of tbhp members are pure gearheads and they enjoy understanding how their cars work.

Finally, some people just don't like being slaves/vassals of the dealers. Choosing to avail of dealer service is great, but being forced to is not.
caliper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2007, 13:49   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Secondly, a lot of tbhp members are pure gearheads and they enjoy understanding how their cars work.
And most of tbhp members don't need even Service manuals. They are born geeks !
Old 26th September 2007, 15:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Found a site which has service info of some US Cars: Service-Bulletins.com

Btw if has anyone having the service manual for Ford Ikon Flair tell me how you got it? If it is a soft copy, could you please share it?
Old 26th September 2007, 19:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

I had mailed ford customer care today and got a call back within 10min. They don't give out workshop manuals. Guess I'd have to look somewhere else.
Old 30th September 2007, 04:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Found a site which has service info of some US Cars: Service-Bulletins.com
This website and and other two called Mitchell's and MOTOR-AllData are mostly for US cars, I have been using them for over a month by now as they are for referance for the course I am doing... But they do mention for some Japanese and Euro car's they do have the Techinical Service Bulletins where in the mention the problem and how it was or it could be solved, But these DO cover all details i.e, parts and pricing, service, labour times, labour procedures too in them and they cost a bomb for subscription.($7,000 per year per website, unlimited data download for all cars from years 1982-2007/8)
Could get hold of all Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, BMW, Lamborgini, VW, Audi, Skoda and most Suzuki and even the Chevy aveo and optra stuff from the above mentioned website(I am saying for the models sold in India). Ohh forgot the RR Phantom too...
But wanted the Sx4 stuff, but in India, China, UK,Singapore and Indonesia Suzuki runs the M16A(1.6l) engine, and its only in India that they have decided to run the M16A(1.6l) engine without VVT-i, and they sell the Sx4 to the rest of the world with the J20A(2.0l)engine with VVT-i as standard.
By the way spoke to some sources back home(a very well known Dealership and Service Center in Bangalore) and they have agreed to ship the 2007 SX4(Indian sedan, with the M16A engine) parts and service manuals to me, to Denver... Well it was agreed upon cos I will be using them for personal use and not for profit of running a shop or of sorts.....

Last edited by memo45_m : 30th September 2007 at 05:01. Reason: additions

Most Viewed