Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:21   #1

Default Thermostat query for Tata Indigo

Hello All,

Its been a year since I have been working on my project car. I have been restoring the subjected from about a year due to limited spares and workshops that can handle TATA Indigo Dicor.

I am almost at the end of this project and I have a query on Thermostat Valve for Tata Indigo DICOR. Please help here.

Does TATA Indigo DICOR have a conventional thermostat valve or is it completly running on Sensors? I am thoroughly confused with the spare part available on boodmo and the videos that I have seen on Thermostat valves. Please advise.

The one that you see in the picture is that a Thermostat valve or a Thermostat housing unit for Indigo DICOR? I just want to get this right.

Looking forward for your valuable advises.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Old 25th November 2022, 09:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by War4Car View Post
Does TATA Indigo DICOR have a conventional thermostat valve or is it completly running on Sensors?
I don't know for sure - but I am willing to bet it would be a conventional mechanical thermostat.

Quote:
The one that you see in the picture is that a Thermostat valve or a Thermostat housing unit for Indigo DICOR?
What you've shown is the full housing.

The actual thermostat valve looks like this:
Thermostat query for Tata Indigo-screenshot-20221125-090316.png

And it would sit in the housing (that you've shared a picture of) like this:
Thermostat query for Tata Indigo-thermostat-housing-indigo.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2022 at 09:29.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Thermostat query for Tata Indigo

Quote:
Does TATA Indigo DICOR have a conventional thermostat valve or is it completly running on Sensors? I am thoroughly confused with the spare part available on boodmo and the videos that I have seen on Thermostat valves. Please advise.
Havent you opened the thermostat yet ? Sharing a pic of the one that is in the car can help get you better responses.

Suggest to pull it out, and order one from Boodmo. You can compare the one you have vs the one you get, and if not compatible, use the return period to send back the incompatible part.

Most Viewed