Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 18:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapen View Post
I have been given the Ceekay Esteem clutch setup for the Baleno - the supplier says its the same.
How much did it cost ?
Old 10th October 2008, 22:04   #32
BHPian

Ceekay is very good clutch, much better than Valeo. Seems like Ceekay is MGP supplier and its repacked as MGP. It has been tested on extensively on an Esteem and works very well.
Old 11th October 2008, 08:45   #33
BHPian

crazydiablo - you mean to say esteem and baleno have the same clutch and we can use the Ceekay clutch from esteem on a baleno easily.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11th October 2008, 10:59   #34
BHPian

I am not saying they are the same, Eapen posted that its the same.

I am just saying that the Ceekay brand is much better than Valeo. And that both have been tested on an Esteem and 800 I know and Ceekay was much better.
Old 11th October 2008, 21:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

I feel valeo is much better! it has lesser number of springs but the springs are much larger than what is on ceekay.
If you keep side by side, you can see the difference between the manufacturing quality.
Old 12th October 2008, 02:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Originally, the Esteem clutch has 6 springs while the Baleno clutch has only 4. But the aftermarket part numbers are the same, and they are interchangeable.
Old 16th October 2008, 10:54   #37
BHPian

It is a fallacy that the Baleno & Esteem clutch disc are the same. Often second-party suppliers without knowing the correct Suzuki decided specifications recommend aftermarket clutches which fail prematurely. I have returned the MGP Esteem clutch to the second party supplier & bought the MGP Baleno clutch from a different OEM MGP supplier.

Valeo states in its product portfolio that Esteem \ Baleno clutch is the same. This is utter ridiculousness by the company since both vehicles torque, weight & power delivery are different

I did a comparison between the original 6-spring MGP Ceekay Esteem clutch & so called 4-spring original MGP Ceekay Baleno Clutch. The part numbers are different & actually its not 4-spring but 8-spring for the Baleno clutch disc. There's a smaller spring inside the bigger outer spring.

If you see the above picture the center shaft spline of the Baleno is much thicker than the Esteem's one with additional bracing for taking the extra torque. The periphery walls are thicker too - the Esteem's one has thinner walls & have too many rivets in them.

Its totally around Rs: 300 more for the MGP Baleno Pressure plate & Clutch Disc than the MGP Esteem Baleno Pressure plate & Clutch Disc.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
wonderful a picture is worth a 1000 or 10k words .Thanks for putting the pics , other should follow the same when reporting a error.
Wonderfully informative thread. I've never seen a clutch or gearbox opened up before.
Old 28th March 2009, 03:12   #39
BHPian

thanx a lot eapen,
So both the clutches (1.3's and 1.6's ) have the same diameter and spline pattern so that it will fit in like a straight bolt on?

Tats bad...

What about the flywheel dimensions? are the flywheels same on esteem and baleno?
Old 31st March 2009, 10:03   #40
BHPian

suddenly on morning, the gears weren't engaging! so I got the clutch changed in my esteem. i couldnt click pics of the new clutch but here are some pics of the old housing and friction disc!
Pics: How a baleno clutch got changed-cp.jpg

Last edited by F50 : 31st March 2009 at 10:09.

Most Viewed