Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 08:35   #61
BANNED

friends i want to change rubber kits of steering and front suspension and grease the parts as they seem to be dried up and produce a noise on potholes . what would be the cost of these rubber kits ,end rods and other small parts related to it.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Strut kit - 450F + 450B
balance rod bushes - 100
linkage kit - 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
friends i want to change rubber kits of steering and front suspension and grease the parts as they seem to be dried up and produce a noise on potholes . what would be the cost of these rubber kits ,end rods and other small parts related to it.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:31   #63

Thanks for all the info on the O2 sensor. Can anyone suggest the best place I can get the OHC checked in Hyderabad (not just the sensor, but overall)
Old 1st February 2010, 17:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Speaking of engine management lights, my car has a wierd prob. The yellow light doesn't show up at all, not even before you start the engine. Could it be that the check light "bulb" has gone for a toss?

Will get the ECM checked asap. But whats even more wierd is that the car is running better than ever. Acceleration through the gears is phenomenal (by stock car standards)

Need to get it rectified.

Shan2nu
Hi Shan2nu,

I have the same problem on my VTEC 2002. Did you get yours rectified?
If yes, could you please share the details.

Thanks,
VTEC_Rocks
Old 6th April 2010, 19:07   #65
BHPian

O2 sensor gone bad after service in Authorised Honda Service(Crystal Honda Pune)

I got my City Vtec serviced at the newly opened Crystal Honda(Pune), they cleaned the Engine Bay as well during the service. The Engine Malfunction Light on my dashboard is coming on and off now, looks like the moisture ruined the O2 sensor. It's sad that the authorised service centers do not take the required precautions while servicing.

When I complained to the service guys, they said it was just a coincidence that the sensor went bad after the service. I need to change the sensor now and they are quoting 18K for the same

I am planning to open up the sensor and clean it on my own and see if it works, if it doesn't I'll get it from Mumbai(City Motors).

Has anybody out here opened up and cleaned the sensor, instructions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance....
Old 6th April 2010, 22:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
I got my City Vtec serviced at the newly opened Crystal Honda(Pune), they cleaned the Engine Bay as well during the service. The Engine Malfunction Light on my dashboard is coming on and off now, looks like the moisture ruined the O2 sensor. It's sad that the authorised service centers do not take the required precautions while servicing.

When I complained to the service guys, they said it was just a coincidence that the sensor went bad after the service. I need to change the sensor now and they are quoting 18K for the same

I am planning to open up the sensor and clean it on my own and see if it works, if it doesn't I'll get it from Mumbai(City Motors).

Has anybody out here opened up and cleaned the sensor, instructions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance....
How do you know for sure that it's the O2 sensor that's busted? It could be just about anything. Please refer to this guide to find out the error code and interpret it.

Checking the CEL Codes - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com
Honda/ Acura CEL Codes - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com
Old 7th April 2010, 10:08   #67
BHPian

Thanks for the info pranav, I had taken the car back to the Honda dealership,and was present while they were checking the car. They did a similar thing as mentioned in the article above and told me that as per the error code the O2 sensor has gone bad.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:19   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ OHCVtec, its a common failure on the OHC. Buy an O2 sensor from the after-market. Will cost you 1/4 of the official pricing. Please search, there are several threads on the same.
Old 5th May 2010, 00:17   #69
BHPian

I Finally got my O2 sensor replaced, no more Warning lights .The car suddenly feels more responsive, it maybe my illusion though. Asked my friend to get it from the US. It costed me around 3000 INR after express delivery.It can be ordered from the following link and it fits perfectly.

Denso automotive parts available online at DensoProducts.com

Got this link from t-Bhp. Thanks Guys.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Not an illusion. Without the O2 sensor, the car usually runs richer, which kills power.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:06   #71
BHPian

@ OHVTEC

what a coincidence, i ran into the same problem (was expecting it anyhow) after servicing at Deccan Honda Pune last week, same situation basically, O2 sensor kaput. I have been looking around on various US sites but the problem is matching the part numbers, i looked at the Denso web site and its hard to figure out which part number to go for, how did you verify the right part number and matched it to the Indian City, PM me, lets talk and catch up on our City's

Cheers
Old 30th July 2010, 15:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayr328 View Post
@ OHVTEC

what a coincidence, i ran into the same problem (was expecting it anyhow) after servicing at Deccan Honda Pune last week, same situation basically, O2 sensor kaput. I have been looking around on various US sites but the problem is matching the part numbers, i looked at the Denso web site and its hard to figure out which part number to go for, how did you verify the right part number and matched it to the Indian City, PM me, lets talk and catch up on our City's

Cheers
Any O2 sensor made for the old Honda Civics (88-00) should work fine. If the number of wires is different, a simple DIY should be enough.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:05   #73
BHPian

can anyone please help me with an indicative price for the throttle position sensor and its availability in the open market.
Old 30th July 2010, 19:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

A TPS would be difficult to find or buy seperately. I assume they would only sell it with the throttle body itself. You can buy it online from various foreign sites though. Just let me know if you're open to buying it from some international seller and I'll post the links here.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:15   #75
KK396

Hi - Yuv, had a similar prob last week in my car. IEC sensor it seems had conked off and the part was unavailable. My mechanic got it from someplace. Give me a call on 98206 98096 - will put you in touch with my mechanic.

Tyres -- Depending on yr budget go for either Michelin XM1+ or Yokohama A drives. Have used both and liked them.

Most Viewed