Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 22:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

I had a 85000kms old accent...no engine problems whatsoever.
Bad FE could be a leak, a bad filter or bad fuel. If not these then check fuel pump.

Drifter
Old 12th July 2007, 00:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have 3 close friends with accent CRDI's. One had his engine requiring work at 85K, the second at 90K and the other at 100K. I truly believe that the CRDI accent engine will not last past 100K and all 3 said that after 85K Km, mileage dropped to about 10kmpl.
Old 12th July 2007, 01:23   #18
BHPian

hi guys,

the fuel pum i usually go to is the best in town. i have filled the tank from diffirent fuel stations but nothing changed. i get a mileage of around 8-0 which is quite less. lets see what the service centre guys have to say.

cheers
clip
Old 12th July 2007, 02:00   #19
BHPian

this is news to me that an engine is built to run 100k kms only. i dont think hyundai is that foolish.
i agree with nitrous. check gearbox and also the clutch.
recheck all the filters.

if still unresolved, immediately head to Hyundai Service Center. Dont wait till service period arrives. It may be something major.
Old 12th July 2007, 10:25   #20
BHPian

The drive which you do does it include being stuck in Jams most of the time with A/C on.. If stuck in jam and u going up on incline then more fuel consumption would go.. In Mumbai cos of rains i am getting stuck in jams and most of the time get stuck on inclines. where my A/C is on.. So my average has gone down from 13 to 11.

BUt i aint complaining cos the root cause is JAMS.. try testing mileage on a free way to get an approx idea.. before going for all these changes
Old 12th July 2007, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
I have 3 close friends with accent CRDI's. One had his engine requiring work at 85K, the second at 90K and the other at 100K. I truly believe that the CRDI accent engine will not last past 100K and all 3 said that after 85K Km, mileage dropped to about 10kmpl
When we use the word "last", what does it mean here?
Rings? Turbo? Engine head? Rebore?? or is it a Complete rebuild??
Old 12th July 2007, 15:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous.."Last" means..we enter the pit lane..change engine and out..all in 5 seconds.. : Otherwise..blame the hitech engine electronics..
Old 12th July 2007, 15:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Changing the first rings in the piston may help!! Do a compression test if possible..If there is a loss in compression..then FE may drop..
Old 12th July 2007, 15:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
When we use the word "last", what does it mean here?
Rings? Turbo? Engine head? Rebore?? or is it a Complete rebuild??
last means that it will conk off or will be so much trouble that you have to get the engine over hauled. and the extent of repairs can only be estimated once the head/engine is opened. correct me if im wrong guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
The drive which you do does it include being stuck in Jams most of the time with A/C on.. If stuck in jam and u going up on incline then more fuel consumption would go.. In Mumbai cos of rains i am getting stuck in jams and most of the time get stuck on inclines. where my A/C is on.. So my average has gone down from 13 to 11.

BUt i aint complaining cos the root cause is JAMS.. try testing mileage on a free way to get an approx idea.. before going for all these changes
no, my work place is around 15 kms and its a good highway with less traffic. also there are next to no jams in my city. no inclines. only good wide roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
this is news to me that an engine is built to run 100k kms only. i dont think hyundai is that foolish.
i agree with nitrous. check gearbox and also the clutch.
recheck all the filters.

if still unresolved, immediately head to Hyundai Service Center. Dont wait till service period arrives. It may be something major.
yes, even i think why would the engine only last 100k. most of todays engines do 300k easily. i have seen an opel astra turbo diesel and a lancer diesel done more than 400k and still running.

i will get everything checked in a day or 2. lets see what comes out. but i doubt anythings wrong with my car. i have been driving since the last 13 years and i myself go get my cars serviced/repaired. my experience tells me that the engine and turbo are fine. the problem could be wide tyres with a bad axle and some suspension components need work. the axle bearing have gone increasing the resistance and the suspension misalignment due to worn out parts and tyres and alloys adding to it. maybe it needs clutch adj but i doubt that.

the car is running fine. exept for the axles click click there is no other noise from the engine or anywhere.

i have 1 more query regarding the a/c. there is very little air coming out of the blower at full. i got my a/c serviced by the A.S.S. but nothing changed. i doubt the had opened the dash and cleaned the cooling coil or what ever you call it. any suggestions??

cheers
clip
Old 18th July 2007, 10:05   #25
BHPian

Axle is one good cause. Leakage is another. You can leave out the tyres for now. They are not as wide to be causing any big dent in mileage.

And regarding the A/C, when you go to the service station to get car checked up for the mileage thing, ask them to give a test drive in an Accent CRDi to you.
Preferably their demo car. (as demo cars are always ensured to be perfect in every respect).

Check in that car. Compare. And point out difference if any.
ABSOLUTELY refuse to pay for A/C servicing untill job is done to your satisfaction.
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:02   #26
BHPian

Any updates Clip? Did you go to the service station?
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:07   #27
BANNED

What are your tyre sizes??
And updates!
Old 9th August 2007, 18:50   #28
BHPian

hi,

sorry guys, was really busy as my mother in L nd FIL and BIL and SIL were here.lol

i still havent got my car serviced. ok here is what i observed in these few days.

the car is with my wife 90% of the time. she is working now so the car is with me 100%.

with my light foot the car gives around 12-13 kmpl. dont know why but my wife drives really well(touch wood. she got her license fro pondicherry. she had to pass the tests which were difficult) and she is the only one i can sit with without peeing in my pants lol. she has a light foot but she drives mostly in the city.

just got the tanks filled so ill check the mileage when i fill her up again after som kms.

ss- my tyres are 195 - 15 inchers. my rim has a width of 7 inches. i think these are enough to drop the mileage considerably.

my a/c is like, when the blower is on full power, its compareable to my fiestas no1 blower position. the airflow doesnt reach the front passengers at all.

rest ill give a detailed report after getting the car fully repaired(service, axle, suspension and maybe tires)

changa
tata
clip
Old 9th August 2007, 21:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

I had 205/50R15 tyres, petes box with a freeflow...i used to get 11-12kmpl city with ac.

Drifter
Old 10th August 2007, 00:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

I think there is something at Punjab side maybe quality of diesel. A friend of a friend of mine visited him last month in his skoda and as we were talking about the guys dad skoda which was effected by rains. He also had woes about the mileage. He says his trip shows around 9.5l /100 km in city with AC even if he is driving in 4th gear @50kmph. Car is total Stock Rider 1.9 TDi. The car has hardly done around 20k KM and is being serviced good. NO accident or anything.

For a moment i thought he must be heavy footed driver and took on over the wheels here in Chandigarh. Anyone that has visited Chandigarh knows that traffic is like 10 times less than what it is in Delhi. Started the car and trip was showing 6.5l /100 without AC on drove it very light footed and kept speeds of around 50 - 70 in 5th gear. After driving for sometime turned on the ac and the trip started showing 7.1l / 100 and after driving for some more time it went all the way upto 7.5l/ 100 in city like Chandigarh.

I have a video of it i will try to upload it. I think the culprit is diesel available at PUNJAB side. I maybe wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks