Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 09:45   #1
BHPian

General query _re Servicing

Hi, there. My Fiat petra has completed 21Kms. Since Shaman auto is very far from navi Mumbai, I want to look into getting the car serviced locally. So my Q. is is it OK to get oil changes and filter changes done by local roadside garages, or is it necesary to go to fancy workshops?

The other reason I raised this q. is just last week, my drivers side mirror got hit and came off. And the fancy garages were asking me to replace the entire assembly
which would cost Rs 3000 +. Instead I took it to the roadside garage and he fixed the broken assembly with a nut and bolt and I paid Rs 100 for it. Yes , the nuts are visible now. BUt If I paint it black it should be fine. A low cost fix for the problem. So hence the q. about servicing.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Get the OE filters and oil from the open market.
And get the work done at an independent garage.Not a roadside mech.
If U feel Synthetics are too expensive, get semi synthetic like the Castrol Magnatec 10W40. Its just Rs.950 for 4 litres.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

While I would not suggest going to a road-side mechanic, a decent private garage should be ok. Take you own filters and oil and the labout cost at its maximum should not come to more than 200.

Since you mention that the Petra has done 21kms, I am not too sure about the warranties and the service stamp on the service book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shbhrao View Post
Hi, there. My Fiat petra has completed 21Kms. Since Shaman auto is very far from navi Mumbai, I want to look into getting the car serviced locally. So my Q. is is it OK to get oil changes and filter changes done by local roadside garages, or is it necesary to go to fancy workshops?

The other reason I raised this q. is just last week, my drivers side mirror got hit and came off. And the fancy garages were asking me to replace the entire assembly
which would cost Rs 3000 +. Instead I took it to the roadside garage and he fixed the broken assembly with a nut and bolt and I paid Rs 100 for it. Yes , the nuts are visible now. BUt If I paint it black it should be fine. A low cost fix for the problem. So hence the q. about servicing.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:52   #4
BHPian

Servcing q's

Hi, thanks for your replies. I was going to write 21K (21000)(KMS) and forgot the K .

Anyway,yeah the other reason I had raised the query is
once a car has completed the first 2 years, the service book mentions periodical checkups. SO can any independent garage be able to do this, or does it have to be taken to a Fiat service centre only?

Also I was told that there is a Fiat service centre in Turbhe, but don't know where exactly, can anyone tell me they know.

thanks again for all your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks