Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 12:31   #91
Senior - BHPian

Can someone help me about the price list of Original Honda spares for OHC type 2
Lower Arms -Each
Ball Joint - Each
Tie rod End - Each
Struts - Each
Stabiliser bar bush -Total
All engine/suspension rubber bushes front/back
Old 20th April 2009, 12:48   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I got an extensive service of my OHC done about 3-4 months back. The throttle body was also cleaned with injectors + the works.
Ankit, can you share with us where you got your 'extensive service' done?
I have a 2003 Vtec done about 67000kms....
Old 20th April 2009, 16:19   #93
Senior - BHPian

have mentioned for struts from memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Can someone help me about the price list of Original Honda spares for OHC type 2
Lower Arms -Each
Ball Joint - Each
Tie rod End - Each
Struts - Each - front set Rs3000, rear set Rs3400
Stabiliser bar bush -Total
All engine/suspension rubber bushes front/back
all the above were posted in a thread where KSM VTEC had posted details of suspension overhaul
Old 20th April 2009, 16:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Lugging the engine is basically driving the car in a gear at an RPM that is too low for that gear. You get this vibrating feeling from the engine and all round "Please shift down, for the love of all things automotive!" noise from the car.
Noo I don't do that. I upshift and downshift at appropriate RPMs, not allowing the engine to "Lug".

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Could it be a loose joint or clamp in the exhaust somewhere?
It's not a clamp or exhaust noise issue. It's straight from inside the engine, like it happenes in old M800 or M1000. It used to come from our 1992 M800 if there was no water in the radiator. But mostly referred to engines that become old and haggered or not maintained well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Ankit, can you share with us where you got your 'extensive service' done?
I have a 2003 Vtec done about 67000kms....
Arush / Autopsyche.

I got my own spares though. Had a 'TO DO' list of about 30 items. I was very pleased with the end result. A lot of attention was given to even minor things.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not a clamp or exhaust noise issue. It's straight from inside the engine, like it happenes in old M800 or M1000. It used to come from our 1992 M800 if there was no water in the radiator. But mostly referred to engines that become old and haggered or not maintained well.
It could something as simple as loose tappets. Get them retuned by Honda and see if it goes.

Shan2nu
Old 29th April 2009, 06:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Checking the pulley and clutch is another option, but a faulty pulley usually damages the belt too, and the vibrations increase, not disappear, when revs go up.
My car has 2 problems. The irritating one is the dashboard vibrations at idle (when AC is ON, otherwise very minimal) and the other one is the screeching sound that comes once or twice everytime I start the car (only comes when the car is started after a long stop usually in the morning and evening). It starts as a mild sound, increases as I accelerate more and stops suddenly.

As per the discussions in this thread I suspected the pulleys and found that I have a bent power steering pulley. Is this the reason for the vibration and the screeching sound?
Old 29th April 2009, 10:52   #97
BHPian

Weirdly enough i have the same problem with the vibration either on the dash or just in front of the dash under the hood. But it only becomes audible after a speed of 30kmph so i cant really figure out whats causing it.

BTW since the car i picked up didnt come with the owners manual can anyone guide me as to whats the best engine oil and brake fluid to be used for the car?

I have an OHC Type II 2000 version.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
My car has 2 problems. The irritating one is the dashboard vibrations at idle (when AC is ON, otherwise very minimal) and the other one is the screeching sound that comes once or twice everytime I start the car (only comes when the car is started after a long stop usually in the morning and evening). It starts as a mild sound, increases as I accelerate more and stops suddenly.

As per the discussions in this thread I suspected the pulleys and found that I have a bent power steering pulley. Is this the reason for the vibration and the screeching sound?
Bent pulley would cause vibrations and hum, not the screech.
Screeching sound means that your drive belt might be ready to snap.
Just check 'em.

The same thing happened to my AC belt.

Last edited by alpha1 : 29th April 2009 at 12:47.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Bent pulley would cause vibrations and hum, not the screech.
Screeching sound means that your drive belt might be ready to snap.
Just check 'em.

The same thing happened to my AC belt.
Any idea how much the original power steering pulley will cost? In the used car market I was quoted Rs 1750. I also checked in GP road and was quoted 800 bucks for the 2nd quality one.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how much the original power steering pulley will cost? In the used car market I was quoted Rs 1750. I also checked in GP road and was quoted 800 bucks for the 2nd quality one.
what is used car market ?
dont go with 2nd quality sold at GP. you can ask them for OE HONDA pulley. do check the price at A.S.S.
sometimes, the cost of parts at A.S.S. is almost same as outside.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:05   #101
BHPian

Anyone tried fitting projector headlamps to the OHC? If yes, reviews, cost and where in mumbai.
Also the crystal headlight assembly of a friend's car has faded (the clear acrylic) and scratched. He plans to keep the car for a year more. Should he buy a OEM (rs. 4000), taiwan (rs2500) or chinese (rs 2000) for a pair?
Old 29th April 2009, 17:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No idea.

This 2nd quality one you are referring to: is it parts poached from used cars?
Or is it the inferior quality ones?

Inferior quality is definitely a no-no, however, poached parts are worth a dekho.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:41   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
what is used car market ?
dont go with 2nd quality sold at GP. you can ask them for OE HONDA pulley. do check the price at A.S.S.
sometimes, the cost of parts at A.S.S. is almost same as outside.
opps.. I meant the ones I get in pudupet taken off from recovered vehicles. I saw 4 OHC engines out of which 3 had the pulleys intact. I thought of getting one after checking with my mechanic. If the OE would cost around 2.5k I will be getting that itself. But again im not sure if this pulley is the only reason for the vibrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
No idea.

This 2nd quality one you are referring to: is it parts poached from used cars?
Or is it the inferior quality ones?

Inferior quality is definitely a no-no, however, poached parts are worth a dekho.
Yes, I meant the inferior quality ones. I head that the OE ones from the old market is better than these.
Old 13th May 2009, 18:38   #104
BHPian

Another issue cropped up 3 days back. I was going on a trip to Neemrana Fort in Manesar (which is about 120 kms). I stopped to fuel at the Dhaula Kuan HP bunk and saw that my coolant bottle was empty. The service attendant suggested that I get it filled and I agreed.

The HP coolant - HP Thanda Raja - The #@%*!@# service attendant filled the coolant bottle with the green pre-mix coolant till the top. I was furious but was getting really late, so just paid him and shut the hood and moved on. Initially drove steady at 80-100kmph with no hassles. It was when I accelerated and reached speeds of 100+ did I see that the temp needle was rising and the AC used to cut off. Coming down to 80-90 kicked in the A/C compressor again and the temp came down (was still a wee bit above normal).

I called Abhik and he suggested I drain out all the green coolant and fill in fresh water till the recommended level, which I did. Since only 20-30kms were left, the journey was ok after that.

On my way back, the same problem started immediatley if I reached speeds of 100kmph, but the A/C was not cutting off, just the temperature needle was rising. Checked both fans and they were working. Opened the coolant bottle and I was surprised to see that the bottle was again FULL till the top with green coolant; I could also hear it BOILING inside the bottle and was overflowing a bit from the top.

Again emptied the bottle and filled in fresh water till the F mark, but the over heating cropped up once again. It never moved above the 3/4th mark though.

What can I do to correct this? Can the incorrect coolant + water mixture have caused this? I plan to get the radiator flushed and filled with fresh water and coolant.

Can anything else cause this, since it was very speed specific.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:14   #105
BHPian

I think the thermostat valve is stuck in the 'closed' position. Or is not opening completely. Get it checked by a Mechanic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks