Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 15:11   #31
BHPian

@spadival: That ignition noise is indeed the Fuel Pump as Rahul mentioned. I too face the same issue. It is very irritating, but I dont think its a matter of concern.

@shivshanker: There is a simple solution to the wind noise. Take all four windows down. Generously spray STP Son of a gun or Armor All Rubber Protectant all through the rubber beading till its completely soaked, every accessable corner of the rubber beading has to be sprayed upon!

Take each window up and down a few times. Your problem will be solved.
This has to be repeated almost every two months.
I think its way better than replacing the rubber beading which is insanely expensive!
Old 4th September 2007, 15:53   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just realized that my car too might have this steering column issue. I vaguely remember it making some sound when I was driving on track. Almost every left hander IIRC for the few laps I did. Best way to replicate the sound will be to get on track and take a service adviser along. Who said tracks are only to drive fast? They help you analyze problems as well .
Old 4th September 2007, 20:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Just realized that my car too might have this steering column issue. I vaguely remember it making some sound when I was driving on track. Almost every left hander IIRC for the few laps I did. Best way to replicate the sound will be to get on track and take a service adviser along. Who said tracks are only to drive fast? They help you analyze problems as well .

I dont think the service engg will be in his senses after a test drive on track with u to diagnose the issue correctly.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:47   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

I dont think the service engg will be in his senses after a test drive on track with u to diagnose the issue correctly.
To knock him out of his senses I would have to drive with him in the boot. Though I will pray that he doesn't dirty my car while sitting shotgun .
Old 5th September 2007, 13:24   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys, Even I have the same steering sound problem. When ever I hit a pot hole when the steiring is half turned I hear this thug.. noise in my steiring and this does not appear when the steiring wheel is straight. I contacted service person of Mandovi and he says thats common for all the Balenos and it will appear when you hit a pothole with half turned steiring. He says the sound is from hydroulic power steiring and nothing much to worry about it. Please clarify..
Old 5th September 2007, 13:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Just wanted to share with all my victory ... clutch plates were the bad ones ....

Cheers! Shenoy

Do you mean your sound problem is solved by changing the clutch plates - Please clarify
Old 10th September 2007, 15:17   #37
BHPian

FE Problems

Hello Nagaraj,

FE had dropped to almost 6-8 during city driving with the a/c on. As the pickup was not affected at all, clutch plates were never a suspect.

My post was in referecnce to the FE problems and not the legandary "Katak" sound.

Sorry for the confusion caused.

shivshanker
Old 10th September 2007, 15:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

What about your RPM fluctuating problem ? Is it still there or that also got solved with the clutch ? I also seem to have the same RPM problem(at 2nd gear only) I think but I'll observe it for few more days and then get it checked.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
FE had dropped to almost 6-8 during city driving with the a/c on. As the pickup was not affected at all, clutch plates were never a suspect.

shivshanker
Have u tried resetting ur ECU to see if the low milage problem goes away (I believe this is done by disconnecting the battery for some time and reconnecting). Not sure about the fluctuating RPM problem though.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Have u tried resetting ur ECU to see if the low milage problem goes away (I believe this is done by disconnecting the battery for some time and reconnecting). Not sure about the fluctuating RPM problem though.
oops.. Ignore the prev post.. Saw that u fixed the problem with the clutch replacement.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:32   #41
BHPian

ECU and RPM Oscillations

After beating up MUL for all the other problems like door rattling noises, loose plastic trims, water leakage problems etc. Look like for a change they have really given attention to my car.

I am being told 'unofficially" by the service engrs that the RPM Oscillation problem was due to one of the seven sensors connecting to the ECU, they have changed a few, not that I could notice any on the part requisition slips to confirm these changes.

They claim that the service station "diesel car washes" create these kind of problems as water gets into unwanted places thereby corroding contacts and thereby creating problems.
Old 18th September 2007, 21:57   #42
BHPian

A very strange thing happened today. I was coming back home from the factory and stopped by at a tyre shop to get a routine air pressure check done.

I decided to fill Nitrogen instead of air. So all the air was removed from the tyres using a vacuum hose from the N2 unit, and nitrogen was filled @ 30psi.

Now the strange thing is that with air @ even 29psi, the ride is very stiff with those 15"ers.
Here with nitrogen @ 30psi, the ride was fantastic! and what surprised me the most is that the very famous "khatak" sound which had been irritating me for a while now, disappeared. Also, some other minor suspension noises vanished!

I couldn't believe it! There is no theory which backs up my experience, but it happened! I dont know how!

I know this is a wierd question, but has anyone else experienced improved ride quality after filling nitrogen!???
Old 18th September 2007, 22:45   #43
BHPian

strange. If its just with the ride stiffness then the guys running 13 inchers should not have any problem.

Any guys on 13 inchers have the khatak sound issue?
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Do you guys hear some whirring noise when the ignition is turned on? Its certainly not the A/C. I am trying to figure out where the sound is coming from.. it sounds like one of those motorised radio antenna running when the ignition is switched on.. But my Baleno doesnt have motorised radio antenna !!
Hi spad, I think thats the fuel pump which does this kind of noise infact my Baleno also does it once u turn the ignition, stays for a second or 2 and then shuts up. I think u should clean the pump , as my bro who owns an Indica had the same problem iggy'd it for a long time, then one "not-so-fine" day the fuel pump gave away and he got stuck. Just check it out with the mechanics, I might be wrong though.
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Any guys on 13 inchers have the khatak sound issue?
No khatak sound in my ride till now.*Touchwood*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks