Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen rolls out performance update for Virtus Air-conditioning system

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
For this very reason I didn’t buy Virtus 1.5 GT. Inadequate AC was problem with honda city and didn’t want to risk the same again with Virtus.

My observations who don’t have issue with AC.

1. People who go to work early morning never feel ac is bad.

2. People who travel alone or sit in front 2 seats also don’t complain much about ac.

3. People with Covered parking also don’t have much issues.

4. Don’t drive in bumper to bumper traffic

5. Live in relative humid climate

My friend came under the same above category. But one fine day he went for cremation in peak summers and he suddenly he realised AC is ineffective. Car was parked under the Sun and there were 5 people on the car.
All people started complaining something wrong with AC.

So when people say their AC is good also need to tell their usage.

Real AC performance can be judged when a car is parked under sun and with full 5 people on board , especially ladies with makeup and driving during summers.

My Altis AC is chilling without even Rear AC vents
Aptly put

AC should be a chiller and never adequate! If you don't feel the need to switch off or raise the temperature after keeping it at 18 deg for sufficient time, then you surely have a problem. Ideally you should never be required to go below 21/22 deg if your vehicle has good AC.
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:30   #32
BHPian

The update isn’t fixing anything. For some, the update did improve things marginally, but for some it’s causing issues with ventilated seats.

I wonder what VW/Skoda thought before detuning one of the most important part . Heck, even Maruti’s AC performance has improved over years.
Old 29th March 2023, 23:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
The update isn’t fixing anything. For some, the update did improve things marginally, but for some it’s causing issues with ventilated seats.
One of the owner in forum was saying ac issue is complete sorted after receiving 3 sw updates while at 6 months service.

So is your comments based on personal experience or hearsay?
Old 15th April 2023, 15:27   #34
BHPian

My Vento 1.5 TDI's AC is pretty weak as compared to my earlier car- Verna 1.6 CRDI. If parked under sun, then it takes really long time to make the front occupants little comfortable. The SA says, it is healthy to have these kind of ACs in Vento, since too much chillness is unhealthy.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 18:35   #35
BHPian

Hello all, I just did the updates for the AC this noon and bad just turned worse. I mean the 21 before used to atleast cool the front passengers but now you need atleast an 18 to see some cooling impact. Raised it to VW ASC now. Surprised at the inefficient set up by VAG.

Most Viewed