Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 09:38   #1
BANNED

SANTRO owners..share your LPG exp & tips

we have a SANTRO LE 2000..Planning to Fit LPG in chennai. so pl share your setup/experience/performance of your santro..which will certainly help us to move towards right selection & place to fit. any other info which you feel would help us..pl do so.TIA
Old 25th July 2007, 10:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

typo

Old 25th July 2007, 16:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

I've seen plenty of Santros in chennai with the LPG filler cap on the rear bumper.
I guess the Santro's engine is quite LPG friendly.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

what did baburaj have to say ?
Old 1st December 2007, 20:09   #5
BHPian

Hello,
Firstly i am digging another 6 months back thread here I was looking to get a Used Santro with LPG but someone warned me against it as he (he is a close acquaintance of a Supervisor at one of Hyundai Service Centre here) told Santro and LPG doesn't go well and told me to look at the petrol ones itself. So gurus and owners of existing Santros both LPG and Petrol users, please provide your valuable information.

Thanks.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:12   #6
BHPian

lpg for santro??

i am planning to fit lpg kit in my santro xing 03 model done abt 48k model. i have heard that lpg conversion in santro is not so successfull. is it true??? plz santro owners share ur views.
Old 8th December 2007, 20:29   #7
BHPian

My car is April 2007 model Santro and i had fitted with BRC kit a month back. I have done nearly 2000 kms so far. Pick up is really good and i find no difference in perfomance between petrol and LPG when AC is switched off. There is a slight performance lag with AC on. And it doesnt interfere with the top speed too. I have done 140 km/h in LPG with AC on. Mileage i got was 12 km/l on highway with AC on and at speeds around 100 km/h. And inside the city i get around 9 km/l. Only problem is the ratling sound i hear around the LPG tank.

I think Santro does suit good for LPG fitment.
Old 17th June 2009, 08:54   #8

Bad FE with LPG in Santro

I know this is an old thread but i am posting this in case any of you santro lpg users can share some tips, advices regarding my query. My 2006 Santro has been running on LPG (BRC open loop) since last 25k kms. I used to get an FE of 9km/L in city and 11+km/L on long drives a year ago, but since some time now my FE has dropped to 6-7km/L in city and 9-10km/L on long drives. I had tuned/serviced my LPG kit with more than one mechanic many times but the FE has not changed. The drive with LPG is very good, no major power loss or any other issues, it is just the FE thats giving me a hard time. I changed the plugs, air filter recently but still no change. I am going to a new LPG mech today to see if he has anything new to suggest, I have been wondering if the issue is something to do with the air/gas Mixer. I have changed this couple of times in the past but to no major benefit. I request valuable suggestions from Santro users.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks