Team-BHP - A/C blower 1 and 2 setting not working
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A/C blower 1 and 2 setting not working (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/26839-c-blower-1-2-setting-not-working.html)

While driving down to Pune I decided to switch on the AC halfway into the expressway. When I put on the blower it didnt work. Moved to 2 , nothing. But when I put it on no.3 it starts. So right now its working on no. 3 and 4 but 1 and 2 dont work.

What could be the problem? Opinions?

Hi Dippy,

The AC Blower resistance needs to be checked. If necessary you will have to change it costs approx Rs500-600/- max. About 15-20 mins work. The Poona guys should be able to guide you to a reliable Ac/Electrical workshop.

Viper

At Level 3, does the AC blower work with the force of Level 3, or does it work with much less a force, say akin to a Level 1?

there is a resistance in the blower motor circuit which is used to regulate the speed of the blower as it gets hot it is fixed in the blower air path to keep it cool. the resistance would have got broken in the blower 2 position which also not allowing the blower to run at position 1. Get the resistance check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 513615)
At Level 3, does the AC blower work with the force of Level 3, or does it work with much less a force, say akin to a Level 1?

It works with the force of level 3. Anyways I plan to do it once I'm back in Mumbai. Just wanted to know the problem

Dippy did you find any solution to this problem?

The same thing has happened with my OHC Type 1 today while only the blower was on. It works at 3rd and 4th position but not at 1st and 2nd. Works normal at the former positions though.

So do I get the AC resistance checked, anything else? Dippy?

Ankit - Had the same problem in my car recently, only speeds 3 & 4 working. Got it fixed from Pandit for negligible cost & IIRC there was some problem with the blower's stepper. Could be wrong though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 562210)
Dippy did you find any solution to this problem?

The same thing has happened with my OHC Type 1 today while only the blower was on. It works at 3rd and 4th position but not at 1st and 2nd. Works normal at the former positions though.

So do I get the AC resistance checked, anything else? Dippy?

Nothing major ankit. Just the resistance must have conked. You can get it replaced at any car a/c guy. Its a 5 min job thats all. Costed me around 450 bucks.

Hope this helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 562213)
Ankit - Had the same problem in my car recently, only speeds 3 & 4 working. Got it fixed from Pandit for negligible cost & IIRC there was some problem with the blower's stepper. Could be wrong though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 562331)
Nothing major ankit. Just the resistance must have conked. You can get it replaced at any car a/c guy. Its a 5 min job thats all. Costed me around 450 bucks.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply guys, another one on my "THINGS TO GET DONE ON THE OLDIE" list.

Hi,

I own a Palio Elx 1.2 I am facing a problem with the blower fan speed control switch. It does not work on 1, 2 and 3 speed settings, it works at speed 4 which means the AC cooling inside the car is at full blast and hence very uncomfortable. Can anyone point out what could be the problem and how the same can be rectified.

Thanks,

kkumarm

kkumarm, seems like a blown switch or some kind of loose connection. get it checked by an auto electrician.

i had a similar problem with my m800 so opened the switch and cleaned carbon deposits . The switch started working again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honda3938 (Post 1467040)
i had a similar problem with my m800 so opened the switch and cleaned carbon deposits . The switch started working again.

This will be the problem. If it was a blown switch the fan shouldn't be working at all.

On a different note, you can actually keep the fan switch on 0 and just turn the A/C on so that way your blower will still be working on 1.

Hi all,
I have been reading many of the threads as a guest and now got my membership approved. Even i faced the same problem (AC blower fan stopped working on first two settings )while traveling from Pune to Aurangabad. I read few posts here and then went to the Service center and got the same reply " BLOWER resistor " gone and needs to be replaced. Since the vehicle is new (Indica Vista QJD - Aura) got it done under warranty. It took 15 minutes for the job.

Thanks Team-BHP for guiding and directing towards the correct source of problem.