Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 12:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indica Drive shaft problem

Hey guys

I need to know if the universal joints on the drive shafts [both left and right] can be changed or do I have to buy complete drive shafts[axles]. Cause the joints are available in the market at Rs 400/- each and the complete set along with the shat is 5000/- each. My mechanic and My cousin both say that they can be changed and they have done it, the service station says I need to change every thing ....the service station usually trys to get money this way, I had bad experience with them with my fuel system. they told me to get the pump serviced at 70,000km as the engine did not ideal properly, I paid 6000/- for this and then found out from the person from MICO where the pump was serviced that only the filter casesing where not properly fixed and had a gap in it so air was sucked in the system [servicing this would be Rs 300 /-]
so please advice on this....
Old 6th August 2007, 22:45   #2
BHPian

I am not sure about the CV joints but you can have those re-machined for a grand each. Those would survive for not long though depending on your driving demeanor.

What are the symptoms that your car is exhibiting to conclude that you have bad CV joints?
Old 6th August 2007, 23:35   #3
BHPian

Thatz a complete rip off!!

Thatz tooo much man!! I too had an Indica few yrs back and I too have reclaibrated the pump and injectors for less than 1500/-!!

Also, I didn't had any troubles with the drive shafts (no sounds) till I sold it at 98k kms!! As your mech and cousin says... try changing the parts and see the performance..... thatz a lot more cheaper than the other option also!!
Old 7th August 2007, 00:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Can you please explain the original problem for which the Driveshafts need to be replaced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks