Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 17:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Clutch Problem in Wagon R

Hi,

My Wagon R has clutch problem . It gives the jerk while leaving clutch especially when I stop in uphill and then again when I want to move forward. I contacted RNS, Y'pur in Bangalore and they are advicing to go in for a new one which will cost around 10K. If I do the clutch overhaul will the problem be rectified? And who are the dealers and what will be the cost for the same? Pls let me know.
Old 7th August 2007, 19:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hi,

My Wagon R has clutch problem . It gives the jerk while leaving clutch especially when I stop in uphill and then again when I want to move forward. I contacted RNS, Y'pur in Bangalore and they are advicing to go in for a new one which will cost around 10K. If I do the clutch overhaul will the problem be rectified? And who are the dealers and what will be the cost for the same? Pls let me know.
10 K for a clutch overhaul in a wagon R .I guess its better to buy the original parts from outside and get it done from your known mechanic.Also u have not mentioned the km your car has run.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

10k?

Hmmm. Let me see whats the cost here, for a comparison.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

My zen's clutch overhaul cost me 3.5k as it was done at a outside garage wit genuine parts. 10k for wagon R clutch overhaul is a ripoff.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't it just be a problem with the clutch cable?
Old 7th August 2007, 21:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
The overhaul the dealer explained will cost around 4K but if I go for anew it will cost me around 10K. This is what the dealer has said. The vehicle has run around 31K kms and is around 4 1/2 years old - single driven. Should I go for a clutch overhaul? or change the entire set to new one.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

The clutch set can last a minimum of 60k kms. You can go in for a clutch overhaul.
Old 7th August 2007, 23:40   #8
j_j

May be you should chk the cable first, if that is not what is behind the problem then go for a clutch overhaul.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:05   #9
BHPian

does your clutch seem hard at times then some times it feels ok? cause if those are systems then check your cable ....get a 2nd opinion
Old 10th August 2007, 16:38   #10
BHPian

31k KM is very less to be required to do even a clutch overhaul. That too you are saying that its a single handed driven (Self driven I understand).

As Speedmiester has said, it should be around 60K if not more, for Clutch overall. I have a Wagon R also, has done 44K, recently serviced and the service supervisor has confirmed that there is no issues with Clutch as of now.

You can do few more self checks to narrow down to conclusion.

1) The car should accelerate great in 2 - 3 gear (try to go to 70- 80 in 3rd) and there must not feel of a loss of power.
2) On a open road, try to go above 80 kmph. It should go easily and you should feel more power still in tap remaining for you.
3) The clutch feel should be firm and spongy and should not give you a shudder feel each and every time you use this.

Rest, as all have suggested, get this inpected and have a second openion and get the cables etc checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks