Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 08:27   #1
BANNED

Laura-any way to delink remote from seat/mirror memory totally?

I have an odd problem - my wife and I take the same remote but often change driving so if she takes the Laura for the day and the remote is set on my seat memory then EVERY time she unlocks she has to reset the seats. If the remote is de-linked then she sets memory in the morning and for the rest of the day the seats/mirrors do not need any changes.

Would love any suggestions.
Old 14th August 2007, 09:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

deepak, I note that you are a membert of briskoda. Suggest you get your clarifications from there
Old 14th August 2007, 15:28   #3
BANNED

Actually I have posted there too, but I have just started browsing this forum and I find a lot of sensible help here so I figured I'd give it a shot here too. Is it against forum rules or something to ask about specific car issues?
Old 14th August 2007, 15:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello again Deepak,

Hope your engine oil problem is taken care of. Please post your experience in that same thread. It will help other owners like me.

If she uses the second remote key fob, it can be programmed to have a different memory setting than your key fob. The 2nd key is more of a 'her' key than a 'spare' key. In other words, each key fob can be programmed to a different seat setting and other settings like 'unlock-all-doors/just-drivers-door/coming home lights' can also be different for each key. The computer knows which key is currently used and tries to give a different driving convenience.

The other option is to disable the function like you suggested - not sure if it can be done but it will surely require the VAG-COM stuff at the service center. They might simply say not possible - so some research/googling will help.

Regards.
Old 14th August 2007, 16:03   #5
BANNED

Car is at service today so I guess I'll know only on 16/08. Will post then regd the oil issue.

I think I will settle with using both keys. Bit of a nuisance though.
Old 14th August 2007, 17:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Car is at service today so I guess I'll know only on 16/08. Will post then regd the oil issue.

I think I will settle with using both keys. Bit of a nuisance though.
I find this interesting pal. Always thought it'd be nice if there was another key/remote that can be given to the Chaffeur (or in your case, your wife) so you don't have to fiddle with the settings every time they take the car out. Why do you find this a nuisance?
Old 14th August 2007, 18:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Actually I have posted there too, but I have just started browsing this forum and I find a lot of sensible help here so I figured I'd give it a shot here too. Is it against forum rules or something to ask about specific car issues?
Not at all, we do not have too many Laura owners bur Andro seems to have answered so I am proved wrong!
Old 14th August 2007, 19:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure this will help, but interesting to know. If you don't want to use the 2nd key like I mentioned in my previous post, unlock the door with the key (not the remote), the seat position will not change. You can as well use the remote and select your memory button after getting into the car. But using the key will save the battery and seat motors in the long run :-)
Old 15th August 2007, 01:30   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I am not sure this will help, but interesting to know. If you don't want to use the 2nd key like I mentioned in my previous post, unlock the door with the key (not the remote), the seat position will not change. You can as well use the remote and select your memory button after getting into the car. But using the key will save the battery and seat motors in the long run :-)
Not so worried about the battery as the seat motors. I'm sure they will give way soon - even if my wife is only 50kg or so

BTW- what does "fob" mean with regard to the keys?
Old 15th August 2007, 12:16   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

What you see when you fold the key in is called fob (i think). This houses the battery, chip, transmitter, etc.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:03   #11
BANNED

Decided on using both the keys, and from wikipedia:

A key fob is a decorative item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. Key fobs are often mistakenly called "key rings" or "key chains" in colloquial usage.

And from Whatis:

[SIZE=-1]A key fob is a type of security token: a small hardware device with built-in authentication mechanisms.[/SIZE]
Old 17th August 2007, 09:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

you did not read (or quote) the full text on the wiki :-) it also has something about electronic fob.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:50   #13
BANNED

What colour is your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks