Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 23:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

I had to (unfortunately) use this service when I had my M800. When the older battery died, I had to call up the Batmobile about three times within four to five months. Each time they got me out of the problem free of charge, checked the battery cells and gave me the diagnosis (written). No charges. And I was running Amaron battery, not Exide. The only problem is this service is available only within Mumbai limits and sometimes, if the people are attending another call elsewhere, they may take time to reach you. Back when I asked them, they told me they had about 7-8 vehicles roaming throughout Mumbai.

Good initiative.
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

For mumbai i was able to get though below no

022 65206765
Old 14th June 2010, 10:51   #33

Good experience of bat mobile

I had a first hand experience of batmobile. My friend's honda civic battery drained out due to activation of burglar alarm. I called batmobile and gave them our location at Imax multiplex,wadala.they sent the van in 20mins as promised on phone and did the job efficiently in 5 mins,no questions asked, though it was non exide brand. It was a blessing as it wud have been difficult to find a mechanic late Sunday evening at a remote location.
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:30   #34
BHPian

BatMobile

I had the opportunity to try out the Batmobile service today. Our Alto's batteries went dead as we all had been out of town for a while. So, jumped at the chance of calling Batmobile. I gave them a call around 10:30 AM. The guy was very helpful in noting down the problems et al and explained to me that their van was at some place quite far from my place and they would take about an hour and a half to get to me. Since I was in no hurry myself, I too agreed. I waited till about 12PM and called them up to enquire. The guy(sounded like the boss/owner) said the van has already left for my place from where they were working already. He also provided me the direct number for the guy in the van which happened to be switched off. After waiting for 2 more hours, I again call him up and this time he too says that he is not able to get through to them and gave some excuses that the traffic must've slowed them down. Again I wait. At 3PM, I get a call from the same guy asking whether the van has arrived or not; On being replied in negative he too asks that whenever the guys come, make them talk to him as well. Finally the van turns up at arnd 3:30PM. The excuse given was Traffic. Anyways, once there the guys took over and inspected the battery and concluded that the battery was fine, was just discharged and I need to get it charged from the local dealers. On being asked if they cant do it and provide me with a service battery, they replied in negative. Don't know if this is Standard Procedure or because my battery was not Exide(although it was Standard Furukawa; which is made by Exide). Anyways, they promptly offered to jumpstart my car. The service was free of charge and was pretty good as well except for the time delay which I hopefully think can be dismissed as a One-Off Incident.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:50   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I left my cabin lights on through the night, so the battery was drained out in the morning when I tried to start my car. I started calling Exide Batmobile around 7:35 am - the number rang, but kept getting cut after the first ring. Finally at 7:45 am, someone answered the phone - they said it will take them 1 hour 30 minutes to reach my place. At around 9:05, I started calling again - again it took 10 minutes & 15-20 calls before I got through. The same person answered & said they will check the status & will call me back in 5 minutes. She didn't call back & again after trying for 10 minutes, got connected - again she said she would call back in 10 minutes. By this time it was around 9:45 & my local battery shop was open & I got the guy to come over with a battery & he charged my battery with it & I started the car & went off. I finally got a call from Batmobile at 10:20 am saying the person would be at my place in 10 minutes & I told them I no longer needed it.

So all in all a disappointing experience!
Old 25th November 2010, 18:42   #36
mgh
BHPian

in case, you need replacement battery, they will bring it and give you the guarantee papers, and proper bill, you do not need to go to exide shop. no extra charge.
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:44   #37
BHPian

Re: Bat Mobile - Exide on road Service

CAlled them up today as my battery died at home. They said they service chandigarh but not Panchkula !
Old 26th June 2011, 12:27   #38

Well the Exide Bat Mobile Number has changed:
the new number is

Have tried this number in Mumbai...guess its a common number across major cities, just with the respective city code.
My personal experiences until now hav been extremely good with the service...thats wht has made me choose Exide or Standard Furkawa as a replacement all the time.
Even Standard Furkawa(SF) Batteries are serviced by them, since thats an Exide-industry product aswell.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:11   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandan_Kowli View Post
Well the Exide Bat Mobile Number has changed:
the new number is

This has been their number for many years now. Check this post from more than 2 years back - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post978221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandan_Kowli View Post
Have tried this number in Mumbai...guess its a common number across major cities, just with the respective city code.
My personal experiences until now hav been extremely good with the service...thats wht has made me choose Exide or Standard Furkawa as a replacement all the time.
Even Standard Furkawa(SF) Batteries are serviced by them, since thats an Exide-industry product aswell.
They come irrespective of what battery is there in their car. I called them with an Amaron battery in my car.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
On behalf of Exide let me clarify that Bat Mobile is a free service extended to individual car owners regardless of the brand of battery you are using. Even if you use an unbranded battery you will get service from Bat Mobile. However, this service will be limited only to jumpstarting your battery so that you can drive your vehicle to safety. Non-Exide customers are not be given any loan battery.
If you have been refused service due to your brand, please send me an official complain about your experience and I will take it up.
Incidentally Bat Mobile is availabe in 27 cities across the country. The universal number is 3271 1111. However, the service is available only within city limits.
Sudipto
My old car's battery just went dead tried cranking it up and it wouldn't start
Called up 080 3271-1111 they took down my details and promised to send over somebody within the next 1 hour. I have an amaron battery so they told me they will only jump start the car.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Are you stuck on the road or at home?
If I am not mistaken Amaron also has a Batmobile kind of service now. Please check their website.
Batmobile will jumpstart your car so that you can reach an Amaron service center and get the battery fixed/replaced. Exide will not be able to repair another manufacturer's battery.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 14:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Are you stuck on the road or at home?
If I am not mistaken Amaron also has a Batmobile kind of service now. Please check their website.
Batmobile will jumpstart your car so that you can reach an Amaron service center and get the battery fixed/replaced. Exide will not be able to repair another manufacturer's battery.
Thank you Sudipto! I did not know about amarons bat mobile. I called up exide and they were very helpful.
And thankfully I was at home! came home for lunch and that was it battery went kaput.
For the last month or so my headlights appeared dimmer than usual, now I know why.
Kudos to exide bat mobile team!
A van with 3 techs came and jump started the car. I was advised to change the battery as the ""Battery is load week"" according to the report.
Replacement battery suggested by them
Exide Max
38B20LD - Rs 3054 (18 months warranty)
Old 8th September 2011, 13:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

I am glad to know that you had a positive experience with Batmobile and Exide. Please keep the number written somehwere in the car. It is good that it happened at home. It could have happened on the road also.
I use ATB in my Esteem. Running trouble free for three years now. But Max is much cheaper albeit with less warranty.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 19:53   #44
~~h
BHPian

I needed the service, but they are disconnecting the line after few rings.. tried 022 3271.1111 few (7-8) times but same response from the other end. :(

I'm not really stranded, car is dead in my office parking ( Andheri - E); so probably get a local battery wala.. or the Amaron shop guys from the highway.
Old 29th February 2012, 05:39   #45

Gonna try out the Batmobile Service tomorrow. Had to use the Bike to commute to work today. Advaith Hyundai charges Rs. 400 for this.

Most Viewed