Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2007, 09:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
lohe wala scale always works. BTW, gd bhai....do you mind ssharing how did you opened the bonnet?
YA the scale always works,and in safari its more easy as the lock rod thing is just at the edge under the beading
and LOL its a mystery now as to how GD opened the bonnet.
Old 20th August 2007, 10:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

The way my wagon R behaves.
Car switched on, auto lock engages after a couple of seconds.
Engine switches off, auto lock disengages.
If the car is on, I guess if we manage to switch her off without disconnecting the battery the doors would unlock.
But how do we switch it off.
Option 1:
blocking the exhaust.
am not sure if the car would like this.
I mean, if I was running and someone tries to stop me from exhaling....

Option 2:
Cut the fuel supply
but no idea how to do this.

Any hints/ pointers on how to switch off the engine without disconnecting battery?
Old 20th August 2007, 10:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

My remote locks locks automatically only after a 20 sec delay when you start the car or turn on to the ignition mode before cranking the engine.

Incase one of the doors is opened in that 20 sec delay or if the car has been started with the door open, the remote does not lock. So I can close the door even after I have switched on the car.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:22   #19
BHPian

Sometimes going a bit off the way will take care of these ultra-modern tech security checkmates. Will also save money and time.

My OHC has a Xenos firewall 350 with active / autolock after 30 secs of inactivity with all doors closed.

Solution: I always carry the 2nd remote in my trouser pocket!!!
May sound silly, but this DID save me twice from a similar situation. YES.

Unless until you forget your trouser inside the car, after a backseat brawl , you will not have to break your own car's glasses after a freak mistake.

Last edited by gbpscars : 20th August 2007 at 11:25.
Old 20th August 2007, 13:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Always used to keep a spare key in my wallet --- but then there was no chips in the key, and a duplicate was quite flat with no plastic top. Used to keep one in my desk drawer too!

And this was all due to having locked myself out with the key inside a couple of times: didn't even have central locking then <Blush>
Old 20th August 2007, 13:04   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Even in swift, steel scale will not work's, there is an 2 different breaking technics for ZXI & VXI model's, in the second service in surakshaa my Vxi was locked with key's inside, so using the same trick they opened the dicky door.
Old 21st August 2007, 00:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

The scale wala method wont work on the latest cars. At least not on Verna it has all locks covered with plastic inside the door.
Only solution to open such cars is to remove the number plate behind which there;s a lever inside. Pulling that lever will open the boot.
After that u'll have to remove the speakers or the brake light to make enough space for putting the hand in and pushing the rear seats down.. I guess after that anyone can open the doors....

Last edited by kpzen : 21st August 2007 at 00:01.
Old 21st August 2007, 04:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The scale wala method wont work on the latest cars. At least not on Verna it has all locks covered with plastic inside the door.
Only solution to open such cars is to remove the number plate behind which there;s a lever inside. Pulling that lever will open the boot.
After that u'll have to remove the speakers or the brake light to make enough space for putting the hand in and pushing the rear seats down.. I guess after that anyone can open the doors....
HOLY CRAP !!!!

Not a very secure car is it !!!!
Old 21st August 2007, 05:19   #24
BHPian

UPDATE on the broken glass!

Had to do a lot of running around to find the quarter glass today!
Before I explain that, let me tell you that the beading also broke with the glass.

Called Windshield experts first to get the estimates, was told it will cost 3500-3600 for the complete thing (glass+beading+fitting)

Called Regent to find out that they did not have this in stock and they would have to order from Gujarat.

Called our sources (authorised dealers) in Kashmere Gate, got to know that the glass is available for Rs 650, fitting will be max Rs 200. Problem was that there was no beading with the glass. They did have the desi jugaad to rectify that but my sister insisted she wasn't interested in that.

Made too many calls but could not locate anyone who could source the beading alone. Windshield experts refused, Regent refused, sources refused.

Finally called Autovikas, who said the glass is 3200 + taxes extra so it will be 3600. Got there, got it fixed in 15 minutes and got the whole car vacuum cleaned. Luckily, dad knows the GM in GM so paid 3200 in total.

Ultimately, it was TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A STUPID MISTAKE
Old 21st August 2007, 09:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
HOLY CRAP !!!!

Not a very secure car is it !!!!
At least safer than cars which can be opened with a scale within 5 mins.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Elementary dear Watson, removed the battery terminal and then put it back again just for a second..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Which terminals did you touch, it will be good information for ppl stuck in similar situations.

PM me pls, if you dont want this information to be misused.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ah, that's rocket science. Betwenn the gap in the bonnet and body, I could see the steel wire that disengages the lock of the bonnet. Since the Safari was at the tyre shop, I took a long screwdriver from him and and tried pushing the steel wire. Took some effort and time and finally the lock snapped opem. In the process, the steel wire got twisted and deformed. Got it changed immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
lohe wala scale always works. BTW, gd bhai....do you mind ssharing how did you opened the bonnet?
Old 21st August 2007, 10:27   #28
BHPian

might just work for you...

This is something came to me in forwarded messages. and it does worked for my friend. give it shot and let me know

Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote
keys This may come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone
If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call
someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person atyour home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on theirend. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys toyou. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if youcan reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)
Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over
a cell phone
Old 21st August 2007, 14:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
This is something came to me in forwarded messages. and it does worked for my friend. give it shot and let me know

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person atyour home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on theirend. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys toyou. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if youcan reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)
a cell phone

Yes this works, I have tried and tested this many times on different cars!

But unluckily the spare remote for the optra was at my BIL's place and there was no one there to do this for us.
Old 21st August 2007, 14:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post

a cell phone
Wow, this is amazing if it actually works..... I thought remote work on radio frequencies.... Will try it

I have Indica and Alto..... and I have opened both the scale... for Indica had to fetch a bent thick wire to open it.. Just hapend once.... that was enough for me to be careful in future ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks