Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 15:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Engine switches off, auto lock disengages.
If the car is on, I guess if we manage to switch her off without disconnecting the battery the doors would unlock.
Option 1:
blocking the exhaust.
Option 2:
Cut the fuel supply
Neither of these options would work.
The lock disengages when ignition is switched off, not when engine is off. For example you can switch ignition on, but do not start the car (key in third position), the doors will lock after 20 sec. I do this sometimes to raise or lower power windows.
So if you stop the engine running by the above options, your key will still be in third position, and lock will not disengage. Only solution is disconnect and reconnect battery.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

GD, the mystery deepens. Would you please take the charge?
Old 21st August 2007, 16:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
This is something came to me in forwarded messages. and it does worked for my friend. give it shot and let me know

Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does you car have remote keys This may come in handy someday.

Editor's Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over
a cell phone
sorry this is a popular myth and it does not work. unless of course the person on the other end is within the operating range of your remote!!! lol cant believe people still fall for this joke. cell phone and remote locking frequencies are different.
Old 21st August 2007, 18:17   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
sorry this is a popular myth and it does not work. unless of course the person on the other end is within the operating range of your remote!!! lol cant believe people still fall for this joke. cell phone and remote locking frequencies are different.
Surely agree with you. These kind of gimmicks are not going to work !

And, the scale trick will also not work in newer breeds of cars !

Last edited by mithun : 21st August 2007 at 18:19.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:06   #35
BHPian

I have a Swift VXi and have fixed the OE Nippon Security system. My car gets automatically locked only when the car reaches the speed limit of 20 Kms/hr. It doesn't have any time delay locking feature.
Old 21st August 2007, 21:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person atyour home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on theirend. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys toyou. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if youcan reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)
This is as hilarious as it gets. For all those who say they've tried it, please make sure you show it in the next Team-BHP meet.

I went through this and I could not laugh more. This is like getting wired from Srinagar to Kanyakumari over a phone like in the 'Matrix'. There is no logic in this and I would request the members to post something like this with proper reference/evidence.
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes this does work most of the times. I experimented with this once. But what do you do when you have technologically challenged better half at home who would ask why do I have to press the remote inside the house when the car is not there?

Quote:
This is something came to me in forwarded messages. and it does worked for my friend. give it shot and let me know
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:22   #38
Team-BHP Support

gd, your saying this has worked for you?
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

I recently read about the latest modus operandi of car thieves in the US. They jam the car locking system from close proxmity with a cell phone like device (or maybe a cell phone) while the owner locks the car.

The owner walks away thinking the car has been locked since he hears the buzz (in the US, I heard the horn sounding when cars are locked). Thieves then drive away in the easy prey.
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:52   #40
Team-BHP Support

If the engine switches off because the clutch was released incorrectly, the doors unlock.
My car is a Wagon R Vxi 2004 model.
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:14   #41
BHPian

disable that feature!

I guess this feature can be disabled or re-programmed in many good models like COBRA, Autocop, Nippon etc! In my swift, recently I re-programmed the "autolock" feature from "10 sec" to "20 km/hr"! Now my car gets 'autolocked' as and whenever the speedometer crosses 20km/hr!! So no issues of accidental lockings while the car is stable!

Talk to the nearest service guy of your 'central locking' model and take the car there if 're-programing' is possible!
cheers!
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I recently read about the latest modus operandi of car thieves in the US. They jam the car locking system from close proxmity with a cell phone like device (or maybe a cell phone) while the owner locks the car.

The owner walks away thinking the car has been locked since he hears the buzz (in the US, I heard the horn sounding when cars are locked). Thieves then drive away in the easy prey.
Nice trick. But how do they manage to crank & start the car (without the key)?
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest to make a list of all possible scenarios where you can lock the keys inside the car and be careful when you encounter that situation. Better use a device which will avoid such scenarios.

For instance, only way I can lock the keys (engine running or not) inside my car (NHC) is when I drop the keys in boot and shut it. So I am extra careful and always check the keys before closing the boot.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:30   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just thinking how ironic it would be if someone posts how to do it here, and had their own car broken into by someone who had read it on the site!
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Gd bhai, first u open your locked bonnet and then you say this mobile trick works. HOW?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks