Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
The owner walks away thinking the car has been locked since he hears the buzz (in the US, I heard the horn sounding when cars are locked). Thieves then drive away in the easy prey.
I thought in US, nearly all modern cars have immobilisers!
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

If the engine is running the best way to switch it off is by blocking the exhaust pipe.

Then you can try other options like forcing a wire through the window gap, pulling apart the beading etc.
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
In my swift, recently I re-programmed the "autolock" feature from "10 sec" to "20 km/hr"! Now my car gets 'autolocked' as and whenever the speedometer crosses 20km/hr!!
Thats a wonderful feature. What security system are you using and how can this feature be activated?
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:23   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was just thinking how ironic it would be if someone posts how to do it here, and had their own car broken into by someone who had read it on the site!
i was wondering the same.. unknowingly TeamBhp is providing FAQs on breaking into a car security system
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:31   #50
BHPian

that cellphone trick is just so hilarious.. i cant stop laughing..
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
i was wondering the same.. unknowingly TeamBhp is providing FAQs on breaking into a car security system
the internet and its offshoot "TBHP" is for the literate gangs like us to learn how to break into a car

the others by the roadside know to do it already, going by the different tools and methods used by the monkeys on towing trucks in mumbai.

may be we should ask them and post a comprehensive list sorted by model of car and version.

Last edited by gbpscars : 22nd August 2007 at 15:09.
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:28   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thats a wonderful feature. What security system are you using and how can this feature be activated?
Mine is company fitted with "Nippon"! Car is ZXi! Anybody can do the reprogramming just by reading the manufacturer's instruction booklet! I did it myself!
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

In my previous car which was a Cielo, the central locking would lock the doors on the first press of the brake pedal after starting the car, found this quite useful as I did not have to manually unlock the car for somebody to get in after starting the car. The central locking system was 'wheels' or something.
Old 22nd August 2007, 16:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
If the engine is running the best way to switch it off is by blocking the exhaust pipe.
Is it allright to shut down the engine like this? Won't the pressure cause problem in the engine?

I was wondering, if we have membership with Crossroads or the other ones, are they capable enough to tackle this problem? Has anyone experienced help from them?
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So no issues of accidental lockings while the car is stable!
I do not see any chance of the car getting locked accidently unless you lose the remote in the boot. Nippon system will not lock accidently if all the wirings are perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Nice trick. But how do they manage to crank & start the car (without the key)?
Come on... If they can jam the system, they can drive off as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
I thought in US, nearly all modern cars have immobilisers!
Yes, most do. But what happens if the immobilizer is not activated since the system was jammed.
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is company fitted with "Nippon"! Car is ZXi! Anybody can do the reprogramming just by reading the manufacturer's instruction booklet! I did it myself!
I have Nippon on my esteem which came factory fitted. But the manual doesnt explain any such feature. Could you please explain how its activated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Is it allright to shut down the engine like this? Won't the pressure cause problem in the engine?
Its ok to shut the engine off like this as long as its a one off case. You wouldnt get locked out of your car with the engine running every day would you?
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

You missed out the cynicism in my statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
gd, your saying this has worked for you?
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I do not see any chance of the car getting locked accidently unless you lose the remote in the boot. Nippon system will not lock accidently if all the wirings are perfect.
Ajo, there are two ways this "autolock" feature works!
(1) When 'KEY IN' (key in the ignition switch and engine running or in ACC mode)
(2) When 'KEY OUT' ( key is with you but forgot to lock the doors)

Now, in former's case, ppl comes out of the car after starting it when car is idle, the door gets accidently locked by the timer of the system. Trouble?! Programing options helps to avoid such kinda lockings! Nippon have both timer as well as speed sensing system so that you can opt suitable one!

In later's case, suppose the car was locked & parked, and you wanted to take some thing from the car, so you opened the car, kept the keys on the seat to take the items you want and later closed the door forgeting to take the keys out.. 'autolock' function worked immediately and you find the keys inside the car!! This is what I meant as locking of doors accidently! Best thing here is to disable this function! Almost every models have option to disable that function!

@ n_aditya, ugh!! thatz a lengthy story and would be differant from your model also!! Anyways I can scan it and send it you by mail incase if you want it! Lemme know!

cheers!

Last edited by nikkibike : 23rd August 2007 at 18:22.
Old 23rd August 2007, 21:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, in former's case, ppl comes out of the car after starting it when car is idle, the door gets accidently locked by the timer of the system. Trouble?!
Nikki, my car will not get locked if any one the doors, boot or bonnet is opened in that 20 sec delay after car has started or ingition mode is activated (when you see all the lights on the instrument on).

I havent programmed it, its always been this way. So I can leave the car idling if I get out after starting.
Old 24th August 2007, 00:13   #60
BHPian

this reminds about the situation i faced couple of years back....

It was in 2003 i think......it was time to get married,so was in look out for a girl.....We had got one offer & all our family members got ready to go.
After long search we reached the girls place & happily we entered their house, saw the girl & ate some biscuits & coffee. After couple of mins we got ready to leave.....& came near the car & i search my pockets for Keys......SHOCK.......keys are not there..... i peeped inide the car it is there inside.....

Now everybody in my family starts staring at me angrily......and even girls family people were looking at me & i could see couple of them laughing.....it was one embarassing moment.. :(

The girls father told dont worry & sent his son to bring a mechanic....i suddenly remembered what Maruti service manager had told me, if it gets locked i can use a scale & open the door. I asked them for a scale & tried my luck.....after couple of tries it opened & in next couple of seconds everybody inside & moved from the place......

everybody in family still tease me on that issue......

The car was OMNI

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks