Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 17:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Its that easy to get a universal remote?! And that too universal in what way! Any remote lock of any make opens with one single remote.

Are we to conclude that TBHP is full of only shareef people, none of who possess a universal remote?
Old 17th October 2007, 17:51   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Are we to conclude that TBHP is full of only shareef people, none of who possess a universal remote?
Are you obliquely suggesting that its so easy to pick up Universal Remotes that people who wonder about these are actually feigning ignorance?

The last we knew the way these things supposedly function (hunts for frequency, brute force method, captures transmission etc) do not make it such an easy affair to procure. No one that we are aware of ever reported having seen these things in real. They have only been reported as existing in the media.

Maybe you can enlighten members more on this.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:06   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you can enlighten members more on this.
I would love to have one!
Old 17th October 2007, 18:11   #79
BANNED

What for ???????????
Quote:
Old 17th October 2007, 18:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What for ???????????
Ahh, sorry.
That was a momentary lapse of reason!
Old 17th October 2007, 18:35   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh! Ok. I thought you knew something that we did not. Actually I had no clue that someone could actually be having it in pocket so easily like a regular remote. I used to think it has to be some contraption of sorts... So I was zapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What for ???????????
Actually. Why would you want such a thing unless you are planning to lift cars? In fact pocession of such a device can be termed illegal if caught. Its no wonder that the service engineer was going so red denying the obvious. If it leaks out and then tomorrow someone claims a theft or something in a locked car in their compound they may get into a soup. I am sure it can have other ramifications as well. They probably use that as a hush hush thing as otherwise they will have a huge problem with so many cars parked in their compounds (with different central locking systems in them).
Old 17th October 2007, 20:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

BTW, each time he pressed, how many cars nearby went 'chirrup-chirrup'?

It's also relevant here to mention the iCATs. It is one system that has not yet been cracked; at least not in India.

Last edited by anupmathur : 17th October 2007 at 20:20.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:06   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, each time he pressed, how many cars nearby went 'chirrup-chirrup'?
Hmmm... now thats something to ponder about. It was pretty targetted. When he pointed it at my car only that one stopped bawling. Similarly when he locked the other car only that one responded. How? Is there a distance factor involved in it? He was pretty close to each of the cars on both occassions. Could there be a proximity sensor there in that fob!

Last edited by Zappo : 17th October 2007 at 21:07.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

More to do with range rather than proximity, I would guess.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
The last we knew the way these things supposedly function (hunts for frequency, brute force method, captures transmission etc) do not make it such an easy affair to procure.
Adding to that,...
quite a few of the latest security-cum-utility devices have code-hopping,... in the sense there are a few transmission parameters that change on each press with a randomised chain relationship parameter that cannot be easily hacked into and is not feasible for developing an universal remote.

code-hopping is available in the Xenos 350 already. i am ignorant about the others in the market that have this feature.

could you please add which is your model?

Last edited by gbpscars : 18th October 2007 at 11:39.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:03   #86

Can you please explain how to use the scale method? I have a WagonR and wish to know this method, just in case, if i am stuck

Thanks
Nag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
this reminds about the situation i faced couple of years back....

It was in 2003 i think......it was time to get married,so was in look out for a girl.....We had got one offer & all our family members got ready to go.
After long search we reached the girls place & happily we entered their house, saw the girl & ate some biscuits & coffee. After couple of mins we got ready to leave.....& came near the car & i search my pockets for Keys......SHOCK.......keys are not there..... i peeped inide the car it is there inside.....

Now everybody in my family starts staring at me angrily......and even girls family people were looking at me & i could see couple of them laughing.....it was one embarassing moment.. :(

The girls father told dont worry & sent his son to bring a mechanic....i suddenly remembered what Maruti service manager had told me, if it gets locked i can use a scale & open the door. I asked them for a scale & tried my luck.....after couple of tries it opened & in next couple of seconds everybody inside & moved from the place......

everybody in family still tease me on that issue......

The car was OMNI
Old 15th December 2007, 02:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiru71 View Post
Can you please explain how to use the scale method? I have a WagonR and wish to know this method, just in case, if i am stuck

Thanks
Nag
For the sake of trying i tried the scale thing on my Alto and frankly i was surprised that after 10 - 15 mins of trying i was unable to get the car unlocked. Where as on my M800 it just took me less than a min to open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks