Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 20:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson GLS 2WD CRDi Ownership Review

I also own a 2021 Tucson AWD in deisel, i can also confirm that hyundai service stations are usually not equiped to handle this car. During the first oil change i asked the hyundai service station about which oil they will use, and they did not have an answer, as a result i then gave them the correct oil grade and i was told they did not have it in stock.

They then checked all dealers in Mumbai and no one had it in stock. This is my third hyundai car and i know the service center folks really well, so they actually bought canned shell engine oil from the market and changed it in front me.

Eversince the new Tucson was launched, service engineers seem to understand this engine better at least in mumbai. However, again my car was called for the fourth service and the service center was confused if the car needs an oil change at a 5k interval or a 10k interval.

Luckily i have been keeping a close watch on all my oil changes and am able to micromanage everything when my car goes in for a regular service. However this is far from ideal.
AP_1812 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 04:57   #17
BHPian

Hyundai service centres are clueless in metros for their most selling vehicles, so this happening in a your city with a CKD unit in lesser no. is no surprise.
The oil grade used and most importantly the quantity used has to do a lot with the issue you are facing. I assume you have used the vehicle for 10 k in this condition. Clearly a negligence from the ASC. Press for a full engine replacement with new warranty and compensation.

Keep the thread active and am sure the PR team at Hyundai watching this will get your case some attention.
Asif 6959 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 17:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

re: Engine failure in my diesel Tucson | EDIT: Now Resolved

Hyundai: Incompetent to diagnose & repair CKD car. Tucson engine fails in under 3 years & 51K km - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 18:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
After reviewing previous service records, it was discovered that during the 4th service, only 5.5L of Engine Oil were poured instead of the required 7.7L for the diesel variant. I didn’t budge much as the vehicle was functioning normally after the 6th service. After a little bit of research, I could find out that the 2.0L petrol engine of the Tucson requires only 5.5L of engine oil, while the diesel engine requires 7.7L of Engine Oil. It appeared that during the 4th service, Hyundai technicians mistakenly presumed the vehicle to be a petrol variant and added petrol engine oil in our diesel Tucson. This highlights the lack of familiarity among Hyundai technicians in servicing the Tucson, which signifies their inadequate training for handling CKD products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
So I strongly advise and recommend you to contact and involve Hyundai as well and give them the full story.
Please keep us posted on the next steps as well as your interactions with Hyundai and the outcome.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 20:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
It appeared that during the 4th service, Hyundai technicians mistakenly presumed the vehicle to be a petrol variant and added petrol engine oil in our diesel Tucson. This highlights the lack of familiarity among Hyundai technicians in servicing the Tucson, which signifies their inadequate training for handling CKD products.
You're handling this situation calmly, despite the mistake being theirs. Rather than fixing each part individually after identifying its failure, and knowing the same issue may persist in the future, which consumes a lot of your time, it would be more practical for them to acknowledge their mistake and replace. You have proof of their error, which should be sufficient.

The mistake they made is the root cause of all these problems. Moreover, selling it to someone else could damage your reputation, especially given that people nowadays easily access service records before making a purchase. You might encounter difficulties selling it to another person. It would be wise to request that they replace the engine under warranty and continue using it. No matter how extensively they attempt to patch it up, there's a high likelihood of recurring problems.

Now is the right time to ask for a new engine. If you don't do it now, it might be really tough to get approval later. ( since their mistake is being patched up by replacing few parts under warranty )
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 09:43   #21
BHPian

Re: Hyundai: Incompetent to diagnose & repair CKD car. Tucson engine fails in under 3 years & 51K km

Quote:
Request your opinion if I should keep the vehicle or sell it as this vehicle is mostly used in inter-state travel and any breakdown in middle of nowhere might lend me and my beloved ones in trouble.
I don't know whether you will believe it or not, 2 or 3 nights before only I was reading through your ownership thread and felt good about the 2-liter Crdi, Now I am scratching that thought.

Engine failure in my diesel Tucson | EDIT: Now Resolved-sunk-cost-fallacy.jpg

I value time more than anything in this world, your car accumulating dust over in ASC and you thinking about it = Total Waste of Time, don't give into the Sunk Cost Fallacy. Sell & move on !

If still dilemma persists ask yourself this question, "Even if everything is fixed will I have the confidence to take it for inter-state travel and Will I be able to give service to the same ASC ? "
Thyag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 10:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-stand View Post
If you get a chance, please escalate service center incompetence to the Hyundai Territory Parts & Service Manager and Hyundai Regional Parts & Service Head by writing an email about all these issues.

In my experience, at least, Hyundai India cares about their reputation and customer experience.
No, Hyundai India doesn’t care about customer experience, just the reputation.

At the risk of going OT, I will keep this brief; I single-handedly discovered my favourite car company since Santro times of the very late 90s is also one of the most unethical businesses in the Indian Automotive Scene. So much so that my purchase last year inspired me to vow to never buy from them again, and also to prevent immediate friends and family from buying one, for their potential peace of mind.

Last edited by SixPistons : 16th March 2024 at 10:39.
SixPistons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 15:24   #23
BHPian

Hi SixPistons,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
No, Hyundai India doesn’t care about customer experience, just the reputation.

So much so that my purchase last year inspired me to vow to never buy from them again, and also to prevent immediate friends and family from buying one, for their potential peace of mind.

I hope to learn more about the issues you faced with your recent Hyundai purchase. I could be suggesting i20 N-Line N6 MT for a friend for consideration. Maybe your experience could throw some limelight.

I had a negative experience with a Hyundai ASS recently. It was fixed when I escalated (Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)) the issue.
silver-stand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 18:50   #24
BHPian

Yours is the fourth case where the dealer has messed things up in the NE. My friend's Scorpio-N also suffered at the dealer's hand as did the two other cases, one with Tata and the other with XUV 700. In the NE, I'd say it is best to deal with high volume vehicles and not the performance ones
pd1108 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 16:19   #25
BHPian

It is really sad to see your hard earned money being ruined like this. I suggest to sell off this car as this will only lead to more and more number of visits to the Service centre because of recurring issues.

Always buy a vehicle which is sold in higher volumes in your area.

- Low selling cars of most of the OEMS always have an issue of Spare Parts availability.

- The Service persons have almost very less or no experience of repairing low sales volume cars as it could be the first one they are touching upon. The problem further increases if you are in Tier 2 or smaller cities and your car end up in becoming an R&D facility for the Service personnel.

- Even the resale value of low volume cars may not be that great as you will find very few takers of the same.
Apex1815 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-stand View Post
Hi SixPistons,

I hope to learn more about the issues you faced with your recent Hyundai purchase. I could be suggesting i20 N-Line N6 MT for a friend for consideration. Maybe your experience could throw some limelight.

I had a negative experience with a Hyundai ASS recently. It was fixed when I escalated (Review: The 2015 Hyundai Verna Facelift (2nd-gen)) the issue.
I am not surprised at the Kun Hyundai’s Statement: Mechanical Part; Can fail anytime; We can’t do much about it.

I have been having various rattling issues in my i20 since last one year, alternator was changed within first few months; AC Blower/Vent actuator was also changed because it started making a noise. It still makes a noise 7/10 times the car is switched on.

The responses are not satisfactory; neither are dealerships very keen to diagnose. They just do a road test and at the very first go, if they don’t find the rattle being reproduced, they just tell you the issue does not exist and you should stop worrying about your car; its perfect..

The last two test runs at different dealerships were on a combination of smooth + paver’s roads with very smooth undulations; not enough to reproduce the issue as I had informed the technician during test run. In the last run last week, they was looking for rattles on the smooth roads near Karma Hyundai sector 80, Noida.

I have almost stopped listening to music on my i20 even with Bose audio because it keeps making a noise from the right door with many different songs and it isn’t at all enjoyable. There is a case going on with Karma Hyundai and I am awaiting replacement of the said speaker to see if that solves the issue.

In fact, despite SOT, there is no rear-wiper replacement available at the close dealerships whenever I speak. Feels like a total farce, I mean how come a rear wiper is never available I fail to understand.

There are certain other things that happened which have a separate detailed account here on TBHP. I would prefer not to recall them here, it would take things off topic.

While the driving experience is pretty much sorted (except bad quality CEAT shoes), these overheads have made this a somewhat bitter experience, owning this vehicle. Which is why I find it hard to suggest Hyundais to anyone now, no matter how good the offering is on paper.

Last edited by SixPistons : 18th March 2024 at 18:43.
SixPistons is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 07:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER
After reviewing previous service records, it was discovered that during the 4th service, only 5.5L of Engine Oil were poured instead of the required 7.7L for the diesel variant. I didn’t budge much as the vehicle was functioning normally after the 6th service.
Sorry but I am unable to understand how come you did not check the bill before making payment for the 4th Service.

Also it is not clear (or did I miss reading this-) how many kms did your Tucson cover between 4th and 6th Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
In fact, despite SOT, there is no rear-wiper replacement available at the close dealerships whenever I speak. Feels like a total farce, I mean how come a rear wiper is never available I fail to understand.
Sorry for going Off-Topic but could not resist.

You can buy the wiper blades from any local aftermarket shop or from boodmo.com

Disclaimer:I am not associated with boodmo.com. Just wanted to help 'SixPistons'.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 19th March 2024 at 07:24.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 07:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Sorry for going Off-Topic but could not resist.

You can buy the wiper blades from any local aftermarket shop or from boodmo.com
I have purchased Shield of Trust. FOC rear wiper replacements are included in the plan.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 18:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Request your opinion if I should keep the vehicle or sell it as this vehicle is mostly used in inter-state travel and any breakdown in middle of nowhere might lend me and my beloved ones in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Please keep us posted on the next steps as well as your interactions with Hyundai and the outcome.
Please share the update and status.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 20:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

I've noticed that salespeople often show less interest in promoting cars like the Elantra and are more inclined towards pushing models like the Verna, based on my experience at a Hyundai showroom years ago. It's not surprising that they may lack expertise in handling less common models. Hyundai seems to prioritize selling the Creta above all else nowadays. I encourage you to raise this issue with higher-ups or through social media channels. However, unlike the supportive community on Team BHP, some social media users seem to revel in others' misfortunes rather than offering support, as I've encountered.

All the best.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks