Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 00:23   #16
BHPian

Well you can try some rubbing polish to remove the scratches, however rubbing polish should be done by a experienced painter or else they could end up removing a lot of of paint, so next time when you give your car for service you could ask them to do it.
Old 29th August 2007, 09:23   #17
BHPian

apply formual 1 scratch remover and then wax it or posli**** up with any polish
Old 29th August 2007, 10:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
To add to Sam, anyone watched the movie "Wild Things" where Denise Richards is cleaning a mud covered Jeep.
OFF-TOPIC

Watched the movie a long time back, however, failed to notice if she also used ScotchBrite.
Old 29th August 2007, 16:50   #19
BHPian

I am not an expert, but I have tried DIY paint touchup/scratch removal on my 1999 silver frost Ford Taurus when I was about to sell her.

I bought the touchup kit with the right color etc. Bought extra paint and clearcoat spray cans, because there were a lot of area to cover. I never had any experience in these, so did some research, trial&err on non visible parts etc.

I realized that any scratch that did not penetrate the clear coat can be fixed by first wet sanding with the 2000 grit paper to a uniform haze and then polishing with wax polish. It will look new. But if the clear coat is penetrated, you can't touch it up to original level. You can make it normal when viewed at a few feet away, but it will show if you look up close.

I did finish the operation in around 10 working hours over four days. The buyer was very happy that is is scratch free!!
Old 6th September 2007, 09:32   #20
BHPian

Hi,
Someone has deeply scratched my car on bonnet with knife or something like that, i can see the metal below the paint. He has made a deep long line.
The car has Black metallic color.
What to do and how much it will cost ?
Please help !
Old 6th September 2007, 10:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Get a touchup done first, if it looks bad, a complete repaint is the only solution, btw, which car do you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
Someone has deeply scratched my car on bonnet with knife or something like that, i can see the metal below the paint. He has made a deep long line.
The car has Black metallic color.
What to do and how much it will cost ?
Please help !
Old 6th September 2007, 12:41   #22
BHPian

HI,
its Alto !!!!
The scene is really bad in my area, i stay at second floor, and this is the second time someone has put scratch on it !
Really dont know what to do !!
Old 9th September 2007, 22:43   #23
BHPian

Could I know where is/are the 3M car care centers in Bangalore and their numbers if any? I've been googling since the last hour and I've not got any results.

Also are there any good car care centers in Bangalore where I can get some good rubbing + polishing job done? How costly is this when compared to buying the compounds and doing the job myself at home - given that I dont have a clue on what/how to do it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks