Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 16:24   #1
BHPian

Santro Slow Speed

Hi,

I have been driving Santro XG since 2005. The problem seems to be unique or so I think. The time I took this car from show room there seems to be Slow Speed problem. The car does not slow down even if the gear is shifted to low and remains raised for few minutes, thus I have to constantly use breaks to slow the car down.

I have been taking my car to service center every month so that they clean up this particular gadget in inside the airfilter compartment(once when i asked them they say told me the part is called "HEAD"). When they clean this particular gadget the car seems to run for few weeks properly, until this slow speed crops up again. I have been going to the Kun (Santro Service station in Hyderabad) almost every other month to get them to clean this gadget inside the airfilter.

Could the members help as to what is this problem and how could I get the problem rectified forever. Who would be the right people whom I could approach in Hyderabad/Secunderabd.

Ajit
Old 29th August 2007, 17:40   #2
BANNED

Seems to be that there is some problem with your driving style.

For slowing down, you should depend both on engine braking & brakes.

Some more info was helpful.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:59   #3
BHPian

I think he means that his rpm does not drop.
Old 29th August 2007, 20:47   #4
BHPian

i am trying to figure out what you typed ... do you feel your car in high rpm even when you foot is off the gas??
Old 30th August 2007, 07:00   #5
BHPian

Hi ajitsank it seems your air inlet temperature sensor is defective/ dirty so it sends wrong temperature readings to the ECM (Probably lower than the actual reading) which makes the ECM think it is a cold start and increases the RPM. This always happens when we start a MPFI car in the mornings and after the air temprature increases, the RPM comes down to normal. In your case the temprature sensor seems to be defective or you drive in a very dusty environment which covers the sensor with dust giving a wrong reading.

Point this out to your service centre and seek their opinion
Old 30th August 2007, 11:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree with this comment, this is a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post
Hi ajitsank it seems your air inlet temperature sensor is defective/ dirty so it sends wrong temperature readings to the ECM (Probably lower than the actual reading) which makes the ECM think it is a cold start and increases the RPM. This always happens when we start a MPFI car in the mornings and after the air temprature increases, the RPM comes down to normal. In your case the temprature sensor seems to be defective or you drive in a very dusty environment which covers the sensor with dust giving a wrong reading.

Point this out to your service centre and seek their opinion
Old 30th August 2007, 14:09   #7
BHPian

After reading through the above comments I called up Hyundai Service center and grilled them as to the exact name of the gadget, the gadget as what they say now is called "Actuator" and if it is at faulty it would cost me cool Rs. 5K. Members any sugestions that I could take.
Old 15th September 2007, 03:29   #8
BHPian

ajitsank any updates?
Old 18th September 2007, 22:10   #9
BHPian

I haven't yet taken the car to Kun Hyndai, will keep this thread posted as soon as I visit the service center

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks