Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 11:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: wall paint splattered all over my car!

Clean it off with petrol, it will not affect automobile paint. While filling my bike, the petrol overflows and drips over the side of the tank sometimes. When I wipe it off with a cloth, it goes off with nil ill effect on the paint. Actually it does not affect the stickers (decals) either.

Last edited by Gansan : 18th February 2011 at 11:52.
Old 18th February 2011, 13:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Clean it off with petrol, it will not affect automobile paint.
Petrol would be too harsh on car paints. Try out Diesel. I remember those Privilege Car Spa guys use diesel to remove the tar on the front wheel fender in my car.

There was absolutely no effect on the paints at all. Moreover they soaked my entire car in diesel for about 10 minutes to remove all the roughness in the paint surface.

Good luck!!
Old 18th February 2011, 14:04   #18
BHPian

I had the same issue with my Santro. The paint is the normal silver paint used to paint lamp posts(had parked next to it). Rubbed the car using 3M finesse IT. The paint went off without any issues!
Old 25th February 2011, 10:30   #19
BHPian

well just to update you guys, i got rid of the color with the use of kerosene + water
Have not seen any effects on the original car paint. (yet !!)
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 10:36   #20
BHPian

I had the same issue when a neighbor was getting their house painted ( with pink, of all colours). My car was barely a few weeks old and there were pink dots all over. I got the 3M paint protection treatment done and all the dots vanished without a trace.
Old 25th February 2011, 10:53   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of years back at my office all the cars used to get splattered with paint particles on both the body and the glass area.

It was due to experior cladding being spray painted on a huge commercial complex that was coming up.

The deal that was agreed to was that they would take our cars to a service centre and get them polished one by one. In the end each car required to be polished that year by them, and only machine polishing would help and the machine too was required to be pressed hard against the car body.

The impact was so bad that we finally bought car covers for all cars and used to keep them covered and threw away the covers at the end of the year.

Most cars lost the paint shine permanently as the paint layers became thin with the two intense sessions of polishing.

Paint spray on the car body is quite hard to take care of if left for a longer period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks