Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 16:37   #1

Swift Accident

Help guys!!! Was passing by a traffic intersection when an old uncle on a bike, broke his red light from the left and banged straight into my Swift on the left side. Result was a large scratch on my left back door, a dent in my front bumper, a tear in the metal below the door, bent wheel rim etc etc... Bloody hell!!! Now the MASS has given me a quote for around 20K for repair. Is this okay? Also, my Swift completes one year in October end... so should I wait for one year to pass and then claim insurance for repairs, for purpose of getting No Claim bonus? Or should I get it repaired right away? A month has already gone by since the accident. Please help me in this process and inform the right way to go about it pls .
Old 31st August 2007, 18:41   #2
BHPian

Oh Man! sorry to here that. Is she ok in normal running?

how come the rear door and front bumber took the toll at a time....well looks wierd...

What does the quote involve?

Repair of door or replace?
Bumber replace ?
Head light assembly ?
Is there structural damage ?
Is there other affected areas in machine ?

Whats was the analysis done when the quote was given?

The answers to above would give the exact picture and the repair stuff.

I am not sure how much the premium would increase by making a claim, thats what the insurance is for...atleast thats my thinking...
Old 31st August 2007, 19:13   #3
BHPian

Poor guy Sorry for ur Swift I hope no ones injured here how is that old uncle on bike ?
Old 31st August 2007, 19:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Forget the no claim bonus dost...
Just get the car back in good shape.

What's this tear in the metal below the door???

And looking at the details of the damage you have described, 20 K seems nothing!
Old 31st August 2007, 21:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

The damage that you have described, gives a picture as if some big vehicle like a mini-truck has hit the swift, bent rim and all, have they started making stronger bikes or swift out of paper

Anyways, get it repaired dont worry about the NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passioncool74 View Post
Help guys!!! Was passing by a traffic intersection when an old uncle on a bike, broke his red light from the left and banged straight into my Swift on the left side. Result was a large scratch on my left back door, a dent in my front bumper, a tear in the metal below the door, bent wheel rim etc etc... Bloody hell!!! Now the MASS has given me a quote for around 20K for repair. Is this okay? Also, my Swift completes one year in October end... so should I wait for one year to pass and then claim insurance for repairs, for purpose of getting No Claim bonus? Or should I get it repaired right away? A month has already gone by since the accident. Please help me in this process and inform the right way to go about it pls .
Old 31st August 2007, 22:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

30 days might have lapsed any insurance step-in. Pl chk soon.
Old 31st August 2007, 22:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

So much of damage from that little uncle on the bike..iam sure he must have broken a few bones...20k thats ok just get it done from them and not outside...but remember once you get it repainted its never going to match wid other body panels...
Old 1st September 2007, 00:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Real bad luck. Sorry to hear about it. How did uncle on bike manage such a lot of damage? Try to post some pics (although they might not be pretty) so that the guys can have a better idea of the damage.
Old 1st September 2007, 01:41   #9
Team-BHP Support

please get it repaired through insurance as soon as possible. NCB will only be Rs. 2000, so no point in not claiming insurance. morover do it asap as insurance surveyor can create problem if the damaged parts start rusting.
Old 1st September 2007, 10:20   #10
BHPian

people are so careless nowadays. sorry to hear about your car, well something similar happend to me yesterday when a hot shot executive from IBM scratched my parked car and tried to runaway, heard so many cases of road rage( even lost a friend to road rage Dr. Diwan from Gurgaon) discussed things with him, at that point of time he agreed to pay for repair. got the estimate today Rs.3000 for repainting to bumper.

i dont know whether he will pay or not.
Old 1st September 2007, 11:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

What's this tear in the metal below the door???

!
It should be the running board.
Old 1st September 2007, 12:07   #12
BHPian

A damaged rim means the suspension might have had a big hit too... Just check the car form the front and rear to see of there is an inclined wheel or not, make sure you get that fixed properly because the body fixes are easy to notice by the company but they really dont care to fix the hidden areas properly (happened to me once and had to get it fixed in front of me then).
Old 1st September 2007, 14:47   #13
BHPian

Get the car back in shape & dont worry about the NCB. 20k seems alright for so much damage as described.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:59   #14

my swift is absolutely fine.. atleast there does not appear any problem except the body damage on the left. The quote involves replacement of back left door, front bumper replace... btw the front bumper got damaged cause i swerved to miss thta guy and hit a large rock on the road instead...
and that old guy.. thank god was absolutely fine... all that he got from the accident was a fall from his bike and a bleeding finger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Oh Man! sorry to here that. Is she ok in normal running?

how come the rear door and front bumber took the toll at a time....well looks wierd...

What does the quote involve?

Repair of door or replace?
Bumber replace ?
Head light assembly ?
Is there structural damage ?
Is there other affected areas in machine ?

Whats was the analysis done when the quote was given?

The answers to above would give the exact picture and the repair stuff.

I am not sure how much the premium would increase by making a claim, thats what the insurance is for...atleast thats my thinking...
Old 6th September 2007, 19:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
my swift is absolutely fine.. atleast there does not appear any problem except the body damage on the left. The quote involves replacement of back left door, front bumper replace... btw the front bumper got damaged cause i swerved to miss thta guy and hit a large rock on the road instead...
and that old guy.. thank god was absolutely fine... all that he got from the accident was a fall from his bike and a bleeding finger...
Ah! that explains it. How are the repairs coming about?

Most Viewed