Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 10:05   #1
BHPian

Indigo Problems

hi,

i have been facing a weird problem on my 6 month old Indigo that i purchased second hand.

During a Pune - Mumbai trip my driver noticed that the car is not getting a good pickup and we had to halt midway on the expressway when he noticed that the wheel caps and nuts were getting way too hot. Something in the brake lining system was holding the car back and not allowing it to speed up beyond 100km/hr speed . We got this shown to the nearby Garage and had the same rectified for @ Rs 1900. After 15 days the problem resurfaced and this time around the problem has been traced to the booster - which needs to be replaced -- the cost of which comes to about Rs 4000. I am not sure if i am being fleeced by the Garage guy or have been sold this piece in this condition by the previous owner(who probably knew this problem).

Any pointers to where I can get a second opinion on the problem I am facing. The car wheel nuts get heated up even in a small 15km trip

thanks
KPB.
Old 2nd September 2007, 05:25   #2
BHPian

Maybe the calipers, springs etc which push the brakes against the wheel has a problem
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Maybe the calipers, springs etc which push the brakes against the wheel has a problem
Thanks for the response -- i got it checked today at the car care centre at Pune and it was indeed the calipers that were the source of the problem -- its taken care of now
Old 5th September 2007, 10:48   #4
BHPian

i was too quick in my conclusion -- the problem has resurfaced and the front wheel caps and nuts are getting hotter than before -- its like its back with a vengeance -- i have called up the bubhandari service center and have asked them to look at the problem all over again -- will be sending it to them on friday
Old 11th September 2007, 14:55   #5
BHPian

The service center folks took 4 full days to tackle the problem and return the car ; their excuse was that the caliper assembly kit had to be replaced and they did not have the part with them. Paid 2900 for the part and service today morning.Now the car is back with me -- but so is the problem . I have called up the Service Center manager and told him in a certain calm dead tone that i am not at all happy with the way this is being dealt with and neither is my car. So lets see where is the problem traced to now and when does it stop . Does anyone have any clue what is this about?

Most Viewed