Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 10:40   #1
BHPian

Santro silencer assembly problem

Folks,

I was pretty worried today to suddenly hear a rattling sound from my 5 year old Santro Xing.

After checking below I found that the silencer assembly had got coroded and the final pipe towards the rear bumper, after the cat converter / canister was separated from the main assembly.

Has anyone faced this problem before ? also does anyone know if it's worthwhile to repair the same or wise to replace the whole assembly. I was wondering as to what would be the cost of the same.

Thanks in advance,

Autoenthusiast
Old 4th September 2007, 11:20   #2

autoenthusiast
i got this work recently done on my 6 years old Santo Zip plus.Pretty normal wear and tear.Your exhaust might have developed some holes.
Affects of this would be
very harsh noise
low fuel efficeny
low pick up.
IMHO get the assembly replaced.Hyundai quotes the price around 5K.My suggestion get it frm local shop for 850-900 Plus cost of fitting 200-250.quality is pretty gud plus you wont have to think twice at this cost.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:27   #3
BHPian

If the rest of the piping is in ok condition just get the break welded. If there is a lot of corrossion around change the assembly. And get a quote from outside shops as well.

Last edited by rohan_fonseca : 4th September 2007 at 15:29.
Old 4th September 2007, 16:55   #4
BHPian

Folks,

Thank you all for your assistance, I just got my silencer replaced, fit an after market one and it cost me 3120 all inclusive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks