Team-BHP - Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28532-finding-vin-manufacturing-date-year-indian-cars-10.html)

Great. Thanks. I sure am relieved to know that A does not mean January. I bought the car end October 2009.

Another question. Where is the VIN located on the Fiesta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nura (Post 1581807)

Personally i have not seen it. But google says like this
Quote:

On the drivers side dash and can be seen from looking down in the dash thru the windshield from the outside of the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rameshsar (Post 1541294)
Hi

I have a Altis purchased last week. the VIN code is MBJ53ZEE207611874

Can someone decode the month and year please.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Ramesh

Check the boot and there will be sticker saying like this MBJ53ZEE207611874-xxxx

Please Tell me that last 4 digits

dear wildon
Can you pls let me know the details of a i 20 purchased last month
the vin is as follows
MALBB51BR9M094941
thanking you in advance.
i guess it will was a good idea if i should have cleared it with you before buying :-)
regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipzapzoom (Post 1582091)
MALBB51BR9M094941

MODEL NAME : i20
MODEL YEAR : 2009
BODY TYPE : Wagon -5DR
ENGINE TYPE : Unleaded gasolin 1.2L-KAPPA
T/A TYPE : 5 speed MT-2WD
Production Date : 2009-09-22
Distributor : W2207 (MODI HYUNDAI -THANE)
INTERIOR COLOR : 9R
EXTERIOR COLOR : GT (CRYSTAL WHITE)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nura (Post 1581807)

There is a small flap in the floor carpet just in front of the driver's seat. Lift the flap up and you can see the VIN/Chassis # in a really huge font. This is the VIN that is used in the RTO inspection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1582075)
Personally i have not seen it. But google says...

This is just a print-out of the VIN that is kept on the windshield for easy identification in the factory, yard, showroom etc. It's a standard Ford practice. It's thrown away before delivery.

I have booked an i20 and delivery arnd Jan-Feb and have stated the dealer that I need a 2010 manufactured Car or else I will reject it during PDI.But now after seeing the Hyundai codes,I guess its difficult to crack for a normal person:)

So is there any way other than the VIN that I can be sure that its indeed a 2010 car?

^^^^

Name:  i20.gif
Views: 3609
Size:  3.9 KB
Look for the the 10th Digit of the i20 VIN. The above picture shows 10th digit as 8.

8= 2008
9= 2009
A= 2010

What is ment by G9 as the date of manufacturing?

Can you provide the positions of the letters out of 17 number VIN or it come after the 17 number?
or provide me your complete VIN as PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1591414)
Can you provide the positions of the letters out of 17 number VIN or it come after the 17 number?
or provide me your complete VIN as PM

The VIN is MA6NF19DG9H008063 and also at the Door there is a small sticker that states Date of Manufacture as G9.

As a normal procedure it should be July 2009. Can you tell me in which month you have booked and got the delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1593401)
As a normal procedure it should be July 2009. Can you tell me in which month you have booked and got the delivery.

Well thats the interesting. My Dad booked the car in Nov beginning in Jaipur, the dealer said his inventory is destroyed by the IOC Depot Fire. He said he has asked for a fresh lot from Factory. Now when my Dad went for delivery three days ago he told the VIN number and date of Manufacture. When my dad asked him why the Car is so old, he showed the Bill of Lading that Factory send with this car and it was for last Friday from Chevrolet. I am wondering Chevrolet is stocking so old cars in there inventory. The car had 23KM on ODO and looked pretty fresh. Do you suspect there is some foul play?

What was the date/month of manufacture as stated the by the dealer. If its July 2009 there is something wrong as Spark is a fast moving model.

The other point is GM's other brand Ford uses a different pattern for Month, according the Ford vehicles manufactured in 2009 G = August