Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 17:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vibration on accelerator pedal while using the horn

While I blow the horn(it's a Fiam Windtone) on my Baleno I could feel lot of vibrations coming from the accelerator pedal.But nothing on the brake pedal or the clutch.It's a after market horn that is installed using a relay and all.The same was initially installed in my Zen also but I never felt anything like that before.In the zen it was installed on the left strut beam and in the Baleno it's near the front bumper. What can be the issue ? Or is it actually normal?I'm bit scared thinking it may be some electrical issue.
Regards
Kaushik

Mods: I tried to search for this issue but couldn't find it.
Old 8th September 2007, 06:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

troubleshooting tips...

Take it step-by-step:
1) Dis-connect a wire at the horn - operate and check your accelerator pedal.
2) Change physical location of the horn and see what happens.
3) with engine OFF, blow horn and see.
4) Check with engine idling, but car stationary.
etc..etc.. will lead you to the problem area.
BTW, is the throttle of your car 'electronically' operated or 'cable' operated?
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2007, 13:59   #3
BHPian

I think the throttle is cable operated in the baleno
rohan_fonseca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:26   #4
BHPian

Re: Vibration on accelerator pedal while using the horn

Have to bring this thread out of its grave because this is the only online resource I could find when searching for this problem on Google, facing the exact same issue on our brand new Verna, while driving whenever I press the horn, its vibrations are felt on Accelerator pedal and just there, not on brakes or anywhere else.

The car is currently in its first service and will report back if and how they are able to fix this.

PS- The car is not modified in any ways and the stock horn is anyways what I would have changed to (Skoda style horn), so it is definitely an issue from the factory.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 5th August 2023 at 10:36.
Old 5th August 2023, 20:06   #5
BHPian

Re: Vibration on accelerator pedal while using the horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Have to bring this thread out of its grave because this is the only online resource I could find when searching for this problem on Google, facing the exact same issue on our brand new Verna, while driving whenever I press the horn, its vibrations are felt on Accelerator pedal and just there, not on brakes or anywhere else.

The car is currently in its first service and will report back if and how they are able to fix this.

PS- The car is not modified in any ways and the stock horn is anyways what I would have changed to (Skoda style horn), so it is definitely an issue from the factory.
Edit, they were not able to fix this and claimed this is how it is in every Verna, I was not present in the service center during the time but they somehow convinced my sister for this, can Verna owners shed some light, do you feel the same? This is very annoying because it is very prominent when you are driving and once you honk you can feel it clearly on the accelerator pedal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks