Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 11:48   #91
BHPian

this issue was in my esteem to its normally with all mpfi cars actually i guess they are to be started and kept on idol for some time so that the engine can reach the temp desired if we just start the car and drive it instintly the engine does rev up from a normal idealing to high idealing
this happens with my wagonr to when i just start thecar switch on the ac and move without letting it heat up
but i found a way to rectify it as well once the cars heated up just switch if off completely and again start the car the idealing is back to normal
Old 21st May 2009, 01:38   #92
BHPian

The radiator has been flushed/cleaned and the thermostat valve was found to be stuck. I hope this has rectified the overheating issue. The timing was advanced, so retarded it and the knocking has gone completely.

However, I don't remember, but I had posted in some other thread maybe that I was facing issues with the car missing / jerking. The RPM fluctuates when idle, sometimes even goes below 500 and seems like the car will stall but it doesn't. (I'll try to find the post).

I've been told that the IAC Value has gone bust!

Another OHC's throttle bpdy was fitted to test and all the problems vanished. My car's TB and IAC have been cleaned and refitted to test, and the problem comes back.

Two questions:

1. What is the price of an IAC value. (around 8k I heard!!) I've believe it's hard to procure and that I might have to purchase a new TB. What will these cost?

2. Is it possible that because of a large air filter, the ECU couldn't manage the high volume of air being fed, and IAC was under pressure to work harder and could have gone bust?
Old 21st May 2009, 13:38   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The RPM fluctuates when idle, sometimes even goes below 500 and seems like the car will stall but it doesn't. (I'll try to find the post).
Mine had the same problem crop up (Thread link). Solution = Throttle body cleaning. Got dirty due to K&N. Just get the throttle body cleant for a coupla hundred bucks.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:46   #94
BHPian

GTO - I read your thread, very informative. The symptoms are not what you faced. I've been through that before, where the throttle body was cleaned and the constant high revving (700 RPM - 1500 RPM) was rectified.

This time, the throttle does not fluctuate within a higher range but remains normal (about 700 RPM) and keeps falling down constantly. Combined with a lot of missing / misfiring which feels like your car ignition was switched off and you are trying to accelerate to speed up. Totally choked!

Happens more with the A/C on. The throttle was cleaned but the problem remains. The diagnosis for a faulty IAC was ruled out after the TB of another OHC was fitted and everything became normal - viz a viz missing/misfiring and RPM dying out.

Is there anything else that I can check/do to rule out all other possibilities?

****GTO - Can you please merge this query of mine in your other thread.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:26   #95
BHPian

Urgent Request

Bump!

Can anyone help me source the IAC valve. I've tried to get it in Delhi but failed.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:11   #96
BHPian

OHC in the workshop since 15 days

Requesting all to kindly help me with the IAC (Idle Speed Controller) Valve.

I have tried Kashmere Gate and Honda A.S.S. - Both of which do not have the sensor. Honda states replacement of the full TB, since the IAC is not sold separate. Sadly enough, Pearl Honda in Gurgaon quoted 22.5k for the TB and Prime Honda quote 15k for the same. How is this possible?

Also, second hand IAC is ok too, can anyone help in sourcing this for me in? I heard Mayapuri and Meerut are options, but how can I be sure that these will work once I've bought them?

A lot of spare part shops are either asking for a sample (they still won't be able to source it I know) and some people with good sources are asking for the part number. Can anyone help with the part number for the IAC Valve for the OHC?
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:43   #97
BHPian

You can try looking at Kashmiri Gate market for second hand stuff.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Can you post your throttle body's part code? I think its printed somewhere on the device itself.
Old 21st January 2017, 21:15   #99

RPM Fluctuations when Idling (After Wiring Repair)

Dear Friends,

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Beat Petrol.

Like every other car owner here in Mumbai, I am facing this serious problem of Rats invading the cars.

In last 4 months Rats chewed car wiring twice. In Sept 2016, I got the wiring repair work done at Nikhil Chevrolet Goregaon. Paid Rs. 2500/-

Again, a week ago ... my Car was back to the same workshop after "Check Engine Light" turned up. The sensor wires were chewed up again.

The Nikhil Chevrolet Goregaon fixed the wiring again for Rs. 2500/-.

When the driver from their workshop came to drop the Car at my home, I saw the engine RPM going up & down. Also, when I tested the car by driving in front of him, the engine was stopping after every 5-6 seconds. I asked him what has happened, he said since the Car is very very low on fuel ... so it happens. He told me to fill up fuel & the problem will go away. So I let him go.

Next, I called up Bajaj Allianz 24X7 Spot assistance. They arranged fuel for me around 4 litres (Free of Cost).

But even after putting fuel in the Car, the engine RPM is going crazy up & down even at Idle.

The person who brought the fuel was himself a mechanic. He said the wiring is not done properly, something is not connected correctly.

I immediately called up Nikhil Chevrolet Goregaon. The service adviser who was assigned to my Job-sheet, told me to drive the Car a little bit. It could be some some air got trapped. Not sure what exactly he meant.

Next he said that if issue persist , then tow back the vehicle to workshop.

I am really not happy at all with their work & lethargic attitude.

Could you guys please advise, if this happens due to low fuel ? Or is it that their repair work was not up to the mark ?

Any other workshop near Kandivali (Mumbai) ? Trusted & Good job work ?

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1980 View Post

But even after putting fuel in the Car, the engine RPM is going crazy up & down even at Idle.
This had happened with my Fiat Adventure that I had in Brazil. I was driving on the freeway on a road trip and saw the engine tachometer going to 6k and touching zero and then going back to 2.5k.
I took the car to a service station and upon diagnostic, I was told that the alternator is not charging the battery. And the rpm is going up and down because of battery discharge.
The problem was gone on changing the alternator.
ayankm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks