Old 16th February 2016, 10:42   #106
BHPian

Re: Car Air-Conditioner Cleaning to remove bacteria & fungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Kiwi DrainX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevgpc View Post
Pour in 2 caps full of Lizol and let it sit for few hours.
Thanks sanjeevgpc / freedom. Will try. I am little worried about the thickness of the plastic bottle though. A good friend of mine is recommending to go with baking soda to sanitize the bottle. But I am worried about the electric motor and the pipes.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Thanks sanjeevgpc / freedom. Will try. I am little worried about the thickness of the plastic bottle though. A good friend of mine is recommending to go with baking soda to sanitize the bottle. But I am worried about the electric motor and the pipes.
Don't worry about the plastic/pipes. You cant damage them unless you use acid/harpic. Lizol is safe even if you drop it on paint and leave it on. Most probably the smell is due to stagnant water and it would have gone away with just change of water but as its not easy to remove the bottle, just use lizol and use the flush method I have suggested. Good luck.
sanjeevgpc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:30   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry about the plastic/pipes. You cant damage them unless you use acid/harpic. Lizol is safe even if you drop it on paint and leave it on. Most probably the smell is due to stagnant water and it would have gone away with just change of water but as its not easy to remove the bottle, just use lizol and use the flush method I have suggested. Good luck.
Hi Sanjeev,

Did this over the weekend .

1. Covered the nozzles with damp cloth.
2. Engine start. Wipers disengaged. Spray until empty.
BELIEVE ME. WILL NEVER FORGET THE SMELL.

3. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Lizol, 250 mL water.
4. Spray until empty.
5. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Savlon, 250 mL water.
6. Spray until empty.
7. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Iso Propyl Alcohol, 250 mL water.

Stink started to subside.

8. Spray until empty.
9. Poured 1 lt distilled water.
10. Spray until empty
11. Took car out in the open from underground parking and allowed it to sunbath for full day.
12. Keeping reservoir empty. Took car out yesterday, noticing mild stench in cabin after turning A/C on. But, I'm hoping this too will subside after few runs in coming summer.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks guys for your suggestion. Will keep you updated.
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:58   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Hi Sanjeev,

Did this over the weekend .

1. Covered the nozzles with damp cloth.
2. Engine start. Wipers disengaged. Spray until empty.
BELIEVE ME. WILL NEVER FORGET THE SMELL.

3. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Lizol, 250 mL water.
4. Spray until empty.
5. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Savlon, 250 mL water.
6. Spray until empty.
7. Poured 500 mL water, 250 mL Iso Propyl Alcohol, 250 mL water.

Stink started to subside.

8. Spray until empty.
9. Poured 1 lt distilled water.
10. Spray until empty
11. Took car out in the open from underground parking and allowed it to sunbath for full day.
12. Keeping reservoir empty. Took car out yesterday, noticing mild stench in cabin after turning A/C on. But, I'm hoping this too will subside after few runs in coming summer.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks guys for your suggestion. Will keep you updated.
Good to know. You should have left the lizol water for say 30 mins before flushing it out. You may have to do it once again considering that the water is still smelly. Do not spray the water out, Use a water hose and put it inside the can and open the tap for 30 secs.
sanjeevgpc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:17   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know. You should have left the lizol water for say 30 mins before flushing it out. You may have to do it once again considering that the water is still smelly. Do not spray the water out, Use a water hose and put it inside the can and open the tap for 30 secs.
Bottle is clean Sanjeev. I checked with torch light and reservoir bottle is pristine. Looks like the tube (rubber and plastic) which leads to the nozzles is where the infestation is. The smell is beyond sewage stink, it smells very rotten or cadaver type.

Very very surprised with this experience. No one in my family knows about this, they will kill me if they knew I am tinkering with my car.
Old 2nd September 2016, 12:34   #111
BHPian

Hi

I just noticed my car has some mold. It was parked in the basement in monsoon for a about a month. Its a small patch on the rear seat and all over the steering wheel and front seatbelts. What should i do?

EDIT: i have parked it in the sun and opened the windows to get rid of the foul smell
Old 31st July 2018, 20:48   #112
BHPian

Is it true that Cooling Coil of Alto (2005) can be removed for cleaning without removing the dashboard.

This video I found on youtube.

Old 31st July 2018, 21:09   #113
BHPian

Has anyone got his Swift's/Dzire's AC serviced?
Somehow in my 6 years of ownership, not even a single service advisor told me about installing an AC cabin air filter and it didn't come factory fitted either.

Now that my car's AC is no longer blowing cold air, I took it an AC servicing shop, he told me that cooling coil was choked with dust and what not.

He said, that to get to the cooling coil, whole dashboard has to be pulled out, is this true?
Is there no other way to clean the coil?

I don't want the whole dashboard to be pulled out, if something goes wrong? Or the car squeeks or rattles afterwards? What should I do?
Old 1st August 2018, 10:13   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Has anyone got his Swift's/Dzire's AC serviced?
Somehow in my 6 years of ownership, not even a single service advisor told me about installing an AC cabin air filter and it didn't come factory fitted either.

Now that my car's AC is no longer blowing cold air, I took it an AC servicing shop, he told me that cooling coil was choked with dust and what not.

He said, that to get to the cooling coil, whole dashboard has to be pulled out, is this true?
Is there no other way to clean the coil?

I don't want the whole dashboard to be pulled out, if something goes wrong? Or the car squeeks or rattles afterwards? What should I do?
Dashboard will be removed to access the coil..

There is one another way but its available in Kochi & Bangalore only...

Don't know how effective it is ??

Last edited by wolf_lone : 1st August 2018 at 10:17.
wolf_lone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 15:32   #115
BHPian

Hi,
Few months back, got the 3M AC Evaporator Cleaning & Vent Foam Cleaning done. I have captured the whole process in this video:

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks