Team-BHP - Santro Problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Santro Problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/28913-santro-problem.html)

When I break my car @ 80Kph, my steering wheel starts shaking !
At lower speeds this problem is not present. Can somebody tell
me whats wrong. Do I need wheel balancing/alignment ?

looks like you are due for balancing/allignment.

Incase your tyres are in a good condition and evenly wornout, then pls. get them rebalanced and aligned at a reputed tyre workshop

You need to get your wheels balanced. This can be done at any reputed tyre shop.

@guys.. the vibration comes when breaking at speeds of 80 kmph, I dont think its an issue with the alignment.
Get you brake disc and brake pads checked (front and rear both).

Some Santros have the Brake pads issue. Mine had it too. Get the same checked by your A.S.S.

Oh sorry, didn't read the query properly. You have what is called "Brake Judder" which means that when braking from speeds, your steering starts vibrating. I had this problem in my Santro too.

Solution is to go to the Hyundai guys, demonstrate to them the problem & ask them to change the clean the discs & pads & see if that solves the problem otherwise ask them to replace the discs under warranty (if the car is still covered by it that is).

ND81 ,, get the Balancing done .. thats all the u r set to Rock n Roll,,

just check the allignment and do the balancing and if necessary do tyre rotation also.guess your problem will be solved

Oops did not read about the braking part! Get the brakes checked, check the wear on the brake rotors and a visit to tyre to check for uneven tyre wear will not be a bad idea as well.

Looks like wheel balancing and brake rotor problem. Your brake pads must have worn out and the rotor is slipping out hence the vibration. Had the same problem in my SANTRO solved by replacing brake pads and balancing / alignment under warranty.

I too had this problem in my Santro (7+ years old). The problem is because of uneven wear of discs. So when you brake hard, bake pads tends to catch the uneven surface of the disc and passes it to steering wheel.

Try getting the discs polished or abraded to bring them in order. After getting brake discs treated, the steering vibration problem in my car is addressed to some extent but it seems I may have to get the discs changed in next couple of thousand KMs. Disc polishing/abrading can only be done to a certain extent only as brake discs have to be of certain minimum thickness otherwise brake pads would not hold them well and may even come loose (affecting braking drastically), which may lead to a disaster.

I did a services recently and the guys cleaned the brake pads. I think
an balancing/aligment should fix the issue.

ok I did an wheel rotation,balacing and aligment, but no
luck. I guess its something to do with the brakes..becos
when I press them, then the steering starts shaking...also this happens only on speeds above 50kmph.