Team-BHP - Difference in BHP outputs of BS II and BS III esteems
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Difference in BHP outputs of BS II and BS III esteems (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/29118-difference-bhp-outputs-bs-ii-bs-iii-esteems.html)

Can anybody please tell the difference in BHP outputs of BS II and BS III esteems. In case of Baleno it is known that the BS II Baleno produces 3 BHP more than the BS III one. Is it similar for esteems also?

Should be a same with the esteem. BsIII zen used to give a couple of bhp less as well.

This is news to me if its true. My BS II Esteem pumps out 85 bhp as per the manufacturer. Can any of the BS III Esteem owners come out with their figures for comparison ?

I think BSIII Esteem puts out somewhere around 77 - 78 bhp. I might be wrong though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 571835)
I think BSIII Esteem puts out somewhere around 77 - 78 bhp. I might be wrong though.

no. there are no published changes in the bhp figures of the BSIII esteem. it remains 85bhp@6000rpm

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 571849)
no. there are no published changes in the bhp figures of the BSIII esteem. it remains 85bhp@6000rpm

Aren't they advertising it as 85ps. 78bhp is too low.

The Maruti website quotes it as 85 bhp. So, am thinking the output of the BS III Esteem is the same as that of the BS II version.

hey the maruti website may claim what they want,i can tell you this from first hand experience my friend use 2 have a bs2 esteem and now he's got the bs3 version,and its absolute crap with all the new addition's it doesnt move anything like the bs2 esteem did,the egr is one such reason which i can notice(now disconnected) but stil it doesn't move like the older one did,they may have progressed as far as emission norms go but driveability wise its probably the same or has deteriorated,just my two bits,cheers..happy revvin..!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 571901)
The Maruti website quotes it as 85 bhp. So, am thinking the output of the BS III Esteem is the same as that of the BS II version.

well there are a lot of reasons why they wouldnt want to change the figure.
1.publishing that the power has gone down wont be welcome by customers.
2.changing the figures in all their workshop,owner manuals,website,print media would be expensive and time consuming.
shifting from bsII to bsIII resulted in a power drop of around 3%.according to that,the bsIII esteem would be making close to 82bhp.

When I bought my Baleno (BS III) in march 2005 I knew that it was 94/95 bhp (dont remember exactly if 94 or 95) according to maruti's website. Its only after joining TBHP I came to know that the power had dropped by 3 Bhp. So thought the same could be applicable for Esteem though there has been no mention of it in this forum. A few days ago I drove a friend's BS III alto and even it seemed to be underpowered compared to my wifey's BS II alto.

Is a couple of bhp going to be that perceivable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 573102)
Is a couple of bhp going to be that perceivable?

maybe it is not, only the mind is playing up :)