Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 12:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I will be changing the engine oil of my WagonR F10D in next few days and was confused as to which viscosity of oil should I go for? But how does it makes sense if one looks at the ambient temperature graph given?
Going by the ambient temperature chart 5W-30 or 10W-30 (mineral or synth) is fine but not during summers assuming you live in RJ (from your profile) where max temperatures are 45 C and even higher during the summer.

You should go in for 5W-40 (synth) or 10W-40 (semi-synthetic) or 15W-40 (mineral). All these oils are readily available in the open market.

5W-30 is the preferred oil by most manufacturers nowadays due to the enhanced fuel economy.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 23:55   #107
BHPian

Re: Issues with WagonR

Our 2015 Stingray has done 67k till date. There are some problems with our car:

1) Engine noise:
The engine sound was normal till August 2018. After the August 2018 service, the engine sound became different. The same sound is present even now. When the engine is revved, some kind of gas sound is heard. Did a highway trip to Tirunelveli yesterday. Revved the engine till 5k rpm. But the noise is unbearable post 4k rpm.

2) Vibrations:
I had touched high speeds in our Stingray (only when the surrounding permitted) before. There used to be zero vibrations in the accelerator pedal. Tried slightly lower speeds yesterday and there were significant vibrations. The car was normal till 120 kmph.

3) Suspension issues:
The car's ride quality is very harsh, and one can hear a high amount of road noise inside the cabin. Also, when driving on bad roads, the car needs to be slowed down a bit more. When driven a bit faster, the cabin is full of vibrations and noise. I had to drive the Stingray at 20kmph on a bad road. Even then, the ride quality was very rough. On the other hand, the Wagonr was way more comfortable at 40kmph on the same stretch.

What could be the reasons behind these issues? Please do share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sooraj.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2019 at 19:26. Reason: Mention of high speed driving

Most Viewed