Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 02:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Posting the image of the throttle-body hoses from the Parts-Catalog - refer hoses marked 19 & 20 :
Attachment 1441505
In models where the throttle-body is warmed with coolant, these hoses are what connect the coolant circuit to the throttle-body ( via the 'ports' ).
Thank you for the picture. this sure eliminates my "perceived" vacuum leak via the 'ports' . As previously advised by you, the problem could be with the IAC sensor which i can check by getting another TB and swapping the same with this one.

Can you post the pic showing the TB exploded diagram with associated gaskets and hoses? Thank you
Old 20th November 2015, 02:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
The problem could be with the IAC sensor which i can check by getting another TB and swapping the same with this one.
Changing over the whole throttle-body will not be necessary, the IACV / ISC is available separately & costs around Rs.2,200 only.
The entire TB with all sensors ( MAP & TPS ) & actuators ( IACV / ISC ) will cost you from ~Rs.8,500 to ~Rs.10,400 depending on your model year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Can you post the pic showing the TB exploded diagram with associated gaskets and hoses ?
Here's the pic from the Parts-Catalog :
Issues with WagonR-alto_throttlebody_0.png
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 03:17   #78
BHPian

No no no. I was planning on borrowing the TB from the denter guy who lives nearby.

thank you for your help.
Old 4th January 2016, 22:08   #79
BHPian

Guys Help!

In my 2004 WagonR, I'm able to remove the key out of the ignition slot even in 'Accesories' and Ignition 'On' position.
This isn't normal right?

This is with the original key we are using since 11 years. Tomorrow I'll give it a shot with the duplicate one.

Problem with the Ignition slot? Does it mean that car can be started with any other key.
Currently the car is being parked on the street.

Any solutions?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 4th January 2016, 22:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
I'm able to remove the key out of the ignition slot even in 'Accesories' and Ignition 'On' position.
This isn't normal right?
It's not normal behavior. This happens due to wear and tear of the key slot or the key itself(very likely).

Quote:
This is with the original key we are using since 11 years. Tomorrow I'll give it a shot with the duplicate one.
If the duplicate key wasn't used much, then it wont come out from the slot so easily unless there is any problem with the slot. But, I think it's the key that might have worn out.(Had similar experience in our esteem and it turned out to be the key.)

Quote:
Problem with the Ignition slot? Does it mean that car can be started with any other key.
No. I seriously do not think that it can be started with any key. You cannot unlock the steering wheel without your car's unique key and hence your car is safe unless you pull the key out at acc and leave your car.

But try this :

Unlock the steering wheel with the worn out key. Pull the key out. Now try turning it to ACC using the tip of a screwdriver . (Dont insert it completely, just the tip and Dont use excessive force. lol.) And see if it turns to ACC and ON.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 22:53   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys Help!

In my 2004 WagonR, I'm able to remove the key out of the ignition slot even in 'Accesories' and Ignition 'On' position.
This isn't normal right?
Right, this isn't normal. But for a key whose levers have seen a lot of wear due to usage, this can happen. I remember this happening in my cousin's M800.
Try with the duplicate key. That should fare better I guess. But in case, it doesn't, then it is time to change the ignition switch (as the levers inside the ignition switch also might have deteriorated) and get a new set of keys.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today while cleaning the air filter of our 2004 Wagon R which has done 57k kms, i could see oil stains around the outer area of the air filter. This oil is actually coming from the opening inside the air filter box at the upper side.
See the pic of inside of air filter box. The pic is without the air filter in place.

Is this a serious issue? Car is regularly serviced at MASS with oil change at every 6-7k kms (5W30).

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sherlocked,
I bumped across your old posting while searching something else about Wagon R.

A very minimal amount of oil can be there in the airbox. Excessive oil in the air box / air filter indicates problem with the PCV system (mostly the PCV valve need to be replaced).

Noticeable amount of oil is seen in the air box of the cars which frequently run downhill in gear or the cars which frequently downshift to decelerate.

Did you show this to the service station? What did they do?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:15   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
It's not normal behavior. This happens due to wear and tear of the key slot or the key itself(very likely).
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Right, this isn't normal. But for a key whose levers have seen a lot of wear due to usage, this can happen.
Thanks a lot Saket and gKrish!
I gave it a try with the duplicate key which we haven't used since we bought the car and the key is not coming out of the slot. So I guess it was due to the wear and tear of the original key.
Though the car has done only 60k kms but since we don't have remote locking on our Waggie, I guess the key had suffered more due to frequent locking/unlocking of the car with the key itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Sherlocked,
I bumped across your old posting while searching something else about Wagon R.

A very minimal amount of oil can be there in the airbox. Excessive oil in the air box / air filter indicates problem with the PCV system (mostly the PCV valve need to be replaced).

Noticeable amount of oil is seen in the air box of the cars which frequently run downhill in gear or the cars which frequently downshift to decelerate.

Did you show this to the service station? What did they do?
Yes I did show this to my FNG. He told me this is normal and happens because of revving the engine when the car is in neutral or redlining. Though I never revv the engine in Neutral but occasionally do redline in second or third gear so I believed him. But will check again today though in no way the oil quantity was excessive. It was very minimal.

-------------------

Guys, one more issue:

I had changed the stock brake pads which had done 58k kms from MASS during the servicing 4 months back.
And since past 10-15 days I can hear a mild squeaking noise every time I brake. I also feel that braking efficiency has been reduced.
What could be the issue?
I doubt MASS will do anything since its more than 4 months since the change.
The new pads have done around 2000 kms .

Last edited by Sherlocked : 5th January 2016 at 11:19.
Old 5th January 2016, 11:19   #84
BANNED

Quote:
I had changed the stock brake pads which had done 58k kms from MASS during the servicing 4 months back. And since past 10-15 days I can hear a mild squeaking noise every time I brake. I also feel that braking efficiency has been reduced.
What could be the issue?
Open the brake pads and first clean it and then rub it with emery paper and refit it. Should restore your braking efficiency.

Have you bled / changed the brake fluid?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:25   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Open the brake pads and first clean it and then rub it with emery paper and refit it. Should restore your braking efficiency.

Have you bled / changed the brake fluid?
Nope, the fluid wasn't changed during that servicing and as for the brakes bleeding, I wasn't charged for any of it so I guess it wasn't carried out too.

Will take it to FNG to get the brake pads cleaned and rubbed with emery paper.
Thanks!
Old 5th January 2016, 11:47   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Will take it to FNG to get the brake pads cleaned and rubbed with emery paper.
Thanks!
Since you are visiting the FNG for brake cleaning job, why not change the fluid too?

Will advice you to do it.
Old 14th January 2016, 12:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
since past 10-15 days I can hear a mild squeaking noise every time I brake. I also feel that braking efficiency has been reduced.
What could be the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks Anurag, your suggestion worked!!
The mechanic rubbed the brake pads against a flat piece of rock and the squeaking noise vanished.

Also got rid of few rattles from front door pads.
The FNG charged me 250 bucks for both of these works. A little steep IMO. He's becoming less friendly these days I guess.

And the rattles were all good...for exactly two days.
Seems like increasing the volume of music system is the best solution to overcome them.!
Old 14th January 2016, 12:37   #88
BHPian

The rates are very reasonable, we end up paying 250 per wheel at the FNG and that seems standard across the mechs.

What pads are you using, i have heard that kbx are the most dusty and noisy ones.
Old 14th January 2016, 14:28   #89
BANNED

Quote:
The FNG charged me 250 bucks for both of these works. A little steep IMO. He's becoming less friendly these days I guess.
Good that the squeaking is gone and so are the rattling.

IMO 250 bucks for the whole exercise is cheap as compared to what the current rates are deployed by MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
What pads are you using, i have heard that kbx are the most dusty and noisy ones.
Mostly it could be Rane manufactured.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:43   #90

My Wagon R LXi-CNG was purchased in Dec 2012 and has run for 32000 kms so far. The car runs only 6 months every year when i am in town. I got it serviced recently from a reputed authorized service station and a month later, my dad happened to notice the condition of the tyres. The left side rear tyre had gone completely bald and the inner material was showing. The rest of the tyres were fairly decent, with sufficient tread depth. He had all tyres changed, as the damaged one started giving frequent problems by getting punctured.

Please advise me in this matter. Has anyone else faced a similar problem? I am not sure if I should suspect foul play or not but i find it extremely suspicious that only one tyre should wear out so badly amd the other three remain in decent condition. Do I need to find a different place to get my car serviced?

Most Viewed