Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How Much Did You Spend for your Headers & FFE alone ??
Rs. 3000-4000 2 2.30%
Rs.4000-5000 4 4.60%
Rs.5000-6000 2 2.30%
Rs.6000-7000 5 5.75%
Rs.7000-Rs.8000 8 9.20%
Rs.8000-10000 27 31.03%
Rs.10000 - 15000 20 22.99%
Rs.15000 + 19 21.84%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 15:11   #91
BHPian

Jassi, come to Mekhri circle (heading north from downtown) and take a right....this will take you towards the TV Tower and Fun World area. Take the immediate left after the TV tower...this will take you to a street with a couple of garages. Ask for Shabbir at the first garage (you'll see a bunch of old/broken down cars to the left side of the road).
Old 11th August 2008, 15:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
thanks guys so raj and shabbir it is morrow
will keep ya'll posted on how it goes !!

now need to figure how i get there in the morning from mg road, as i have completely forgotten how i went there 2 yrs ago!!
So, Jassi! Are you getting the entire FFE or just the headers alone. So there will be a lot of VROOM VROOM in the next meet. All the best and cheers:
Old 11th August 2008, 15:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
My dear friend rjstyles69 would also say that.
hehehe ask him how he got there .

BTW he is one person I would always go back to, he always amuses us with his knowledge and his showcase fulla of engine parts.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:47   #94
BHPian

@vezj420 - thanks for those directions - so I come from ulsoor - keep going straight on st. john church road and basveshawara main road till i hit jayamahal road - then i get fun world on my left and tv tower on my right - where then - left on cil road or ??

How Much did you pay for your Headers & FFE & which car ?-tv-tower.jpg

VJ - i already had lot of vroom vroom in this meet too - courtesy catback exhaust done by shabbir 2 yrs back, this time its the full treatment, headers et al included

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
So, Jassi! Are you getting the entire FFE or just the headers alone. So there will be a lot of VROOM VROOM in the next meet. All the best and cheers:

Last edited by jassi : 11th August 2008 at 15:48.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:12   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@vezj420 - thanks for those directions - so I come from ulsoor - keep going straight on st. john church road and basveshawara main road till i hit jayamahal road - then i get fun world on my left and tv tower on my right - where then - left on cil road or ??

Attachment 37628

VJ - i already had lot of vroom vroom in this meet too - courtesy catback exhaust done by shabbir 2 yrs back, this time its the full treatment, headers et al included

Yea ! I noticed it and so is this a 4x2x1 header set up you are getting it on your ride?

I had seen you in the campus today and was about to flag you but you walked on towards the cafeteria
Old 11th August 2008, 16:25   #96
BHPian

yeah i tried to tell mr. raj i need a 4X2X1 for low and mid end torque - he said don't worry whatever is needed as per your requirements we will do it, so I couldn't really explain to him or understand what I wanted

yeah i was in the campus for a meeting with a product mgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Yea ! I noticed it and so is this a 4x2x1 header set up you are getting it on your ride?

I had seen you in the campus today and was about to flag you but you walked on towards the cafeteria
Old 11th August 2008, 16:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah i tried to tell mr. raj i need a 4X2X1 for low and mid end torque - he said don't worry whatever is needed as per your requirements we will do it, so I couldn't really explain to him or understand what I wanted

yeah i was in the campus for a meeting with a product mgr
No problem ! he knows better than anyone else does and definitely if you wanted that, you will be getting the same. Have fun and get that done.
cheers:
Old 11th August 2008, 17:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
OK, you're basically coming the other way than what I recommended!

If coming via Jayamahal road, you have to take the RIGHT TURN at the EAST end of the TV tower (first side that you see with Fun World to your left). This leads to a relatively narrow road that will take you to a mostly residential area where Shabbir's garage is. Shabbir's is one of the first ones on this road, so park there and ask around for him. During the daytime, just look for the usual modded Zens/Balenos/OHCs parked there and fitted with FFEs!

Here's an edit of the map you gave....the RED CIRCLE is the right turn you must take. The line points to the rough (maybe exact??) location of the garage.

How Much did you pay for your Headers & FFE & which car ?-shabbir.jpg

Last edited by vezj420 : 11th August 2008 at 17:41.
Old 11th August 2008, 18:09   #99
BHPian

excellent got it - i remember now that I went into a small gali - just wanted to be sure I don't leave my car in the wrong garage !!

so once he is done - I should goto Raj right (somewhere close I guess) and get it checked and make the payment to Raj ? since I came through Raj and did not go directly to Shabbir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
OK, you're basically coming the other way than what I recommended!

If coming via Jayamahal road, you have to take the RIGHT TURN at the EAST end of the TV tower (first side that you see with Fun World to your left). This leads to a relatively narrow road that will take you to a mostly residential area where Shabbir's garage is. Shabbir's is one of the first ones on this road, so park there and ask around for him. During the daytime, just look for the usual modded Zens/Balenos/OHCs parked there and fitted with FFEs!

Here's an edit of the map you gave....the RED CIRCLE is the right turn you must take. The line points to the rough (maybe exact??) location of the garage.

Attachment 37681
Old 11th August 2008, 20:27   #100
BHPian

guys it seems i have a 30 min customer meeting morrow at Outer ring road ecospace at 12-1230
hope i am not going off-topic (maybe useful tip to others getting work done from shabbir) - is it ok to leave my car and car keys at shabbir's for 2 hours or so till i get back from my meeting - maybe if i go at 9am n split leaving my car at shabbir's by 11am an then be back at 1:30-2pm again
Old 12th August 2008, 09:40   #101
BHPian

So i came here at 9am and there is no shop open yet and none of the garages are named after shabbir - i see an sb auto electricals shop and rn grill works and a tempo garage - hope i'm at the right place :-)
Old 12th August 2008, 09:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

yes the right place.Opens later though.
Old 12th August 2008, 13:35   #103
BHPian

jassi, what happened to your plan of going to the garage by 11 am??
Old 12th August 2008, 17:20   #104
BHPian

ok guys - its done !!
I read somewhere on tbhp that shabbir gets very busy and its best to be there at 9am, so i reached there at 9. There was not one shop open, at 10am some shops started opening. I called Raj also and he said Shabbir will be there by 1030. So I waited and some Shabbir's guys came at 1035 and opened the shop. I asked them where is Shabbir, they said "yeah" they know santro headers has to be done and one of them talked to Raj. Soon they were at it.

Now like I said I had a meeting at 12 at ORR campus, so I called a office cab and left anxious as to what they will do. Had a nice meeting with the customer and was stopped by them for lunch By the time I came back in office cab, it was 3pm.

Walked into the shop and met shabbir and he started explaining that headers is done (i missed clicking pics!!!) and now they are thinking sound is too loud because of my existing muffler, so they will put a small box in between the mid pipe and end muffler to reduce it a bit. He showed me his zen's mild sound and said he will make mine slightly louder than that.

By 4pm, they were done, I took a test drive and given that santro is anyways quite torquey in lower gears, I noticed a decent amount of improvement in driveability in all gears the sound also seemed really nice (lil loud at high revs, but only if it gets to me, I will get it reduced)

Then thanked Shabbir and followed one of his cronnies to Raj's place. Had a nice 10 min chat with Raj on cars, how he improved santro engine in 90s and their korean chief engineer became pals with him, what car I should buy next, etc, etc. (in between he talked about cams and tuning stages to his team). I explained to him, how famous he is on tbhp and he was suprised and happy to hear that and said he has not seen the site in quite a long time. Then paid him the 6.5k then and thanked him and drove back home across inner ring road - the drive back was just plain awesome as the car is more fun to drive now !!

Thanks to all on tbhp who advised me to get it done from Raj and Shabbir!!

cheers,
j

Last edited by jassi : 12th August 2008 at 17:25.
Old 12th August 2008, 17:25   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jassi. Now we can say that -- jassi jaise santro kise ki bhi nahin :-)

Enjoy the driving pal. A nice car and mods does make driving in this Bangalore traffic a bliss.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks