Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 01:13   #1

Need help on selecting an engine for a racing car

Hello frenz, i'm a engineering student and i'm working on a project of international level and i really need ur help. Our team is building a " Single seater racing car" for an event organised by SAE known as FSAE.
I am basically looking for an engine. but it's mentioned that the car must have a four stoke piston engine(s)with a max displacement of 610cc. If 2 or more engines are used, the total displacement should not exceed 610cc and the air to all the engines has to be provided through a single common air intake restrictor.
And in order to restrict the power capabality from the engine, a single circular restrictor has to be placed in the intake system between the throttle and engine and all the air must flow throu this ristrictor to the engine. Any device used to downstream the engine is also prohibited and the max diameter of the restrictor can be 20mm.
So i need ur help in searching an engine within these limits that can yet be powerful enough to win a race...
Old 26th September 2007, 07:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

santy_p4,

Do a search for FSAE on Team-BHP.

cya
R
Old 26th September 2007, 08:04   #3
BHPian

santy_p4

Its nice to see a lot of indian colleges stepping into FSAE
Which college are you from

Your best bet on the engine is
a) Honda cbr 600 engine
b) Yamaha r6 engine
c) Suzuki GSX-R 600

Not in any particular order, availability is also an issues

Another option is the WRX-450 or aprillia sxv550 motor but wouldn't recommend these to you, as you need a sub 180kg car to use these motors to their fullest
Old 26th September 2007, 22:46   #4

Thanx harsha, but i was thinking of using two cbr250 engines coupled ona common crankshaft. What do u think??? Or should i use a single engine only???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks