Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 14:07   #1
BHPian

Santro Xing erlx A/C and suspension problem

HI all,
My friend has santro erlx xs 2005 model
since he bought the car he is facing 2 problems with santro
1) A/C problem: He used to trvel on highway a lot and he still does .. and was telling me some time he had to pull window down to feel the cool air even though a/c was on. and i also travelled in his car faced similar problem with a/c .. you just can not feel the a/c . Is this problem persist with all santros. Dealer is denying it.

2) Suspension problem; While travelling on rough road it is like seating in rickshaw..you can feel your back acheing like anything..even slightest of bump was felt in rear seat..After asking dealer abt it and going through technical details it was found that santro has hydraulic suspension which are mounted on single beam and it is root cause of this problem..
Is everybody facing this problem??

I hope onwers of santro will be able to shre there opnions on this
Also i am planning to buy a santro soon so i will also find out what to expect..

Thanks in advance
Old 28th September 2007, 20:42   #2
BHPian

I guess you could try re-filling up your "AC Gas" or technically called the "R-134a" refilled which acts as a refrigerant. That ought to solve your trouble.
I'm quit not sure about the second trouble you've got, might just be a generic trouble with the build of it.
Old 28th September 2007, 21:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Does your friend set the blower to full speed?
Has the suspension behaviour changed since the purchase of the car?
Old 28th September 2007, 23:00   #4

1) The AC of my Santro is quite effective - no problems at all. Is the AC problem from the time he bought the car or has it started recently?

2) My Santro's suspension is fine - it is not as bad as you described it. In fact, it is quite comfortable.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:22   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Santro's AC is very good get it serviced at the dealer! The rear suspension is on the harder side so the bumps and jerks are transmitted i'm running 175/60/13 tyres these are of lower profile than the stock 155/70/13 but still the ride is ok or maybe i'm just used to it. i've taken my santro on the highways no problems whatsoever. Even driving through slush is ok not 4x4 kinda slush :P
Old 28th September 2007, 23:35   #6
BHPian

santro's ac is quite good in its class.My ac also did not cool,but it was a different problem.
first it was a slight leak in the "bend" of the the pipe which carries coolent. hence the needle in the temp gauge came into red zone due to overheating,and ac got disconnected automatically (although the led light in the ac knob kept glowing).
Next time it was a loose fuse which affected the fan. again ac got cut off.
ride in the backseat is generally quite bumpy in the santro (although never sat in the backseat,always self driven),so you cant do much about it. But this implies only to potholed roads,else it is quite good.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:55   #7
BHPian

the santros ac is quite decent.i have been using the car for more than an year now and have not had any problems as such...maybe you should get your ac gas filled again and check for leaks...
regarding the suspension the santro has a bad rear suspension but its not as bad as you mentioned...try showing the car at a different authorized service
Old 29th September 2007, 00:09   #8
BHPian

Your friend should get his A/c system checked soon. Does the compressor really starts when you switch the A/c on? you will here a click kinda sound for that from bonnet. If A/c gas pressure is low, it does not kick. Hope the thermostat controller is not faulty too (where we select the cool level, not sure if i used the correct word for it )

Santro's suspension - is very subjective. Some are happy, some are okay with it (like me). But some people have real complaints about that.
Old 29th September 2007, 06:55   #9
BHPian

Hi I am using a santro for over 2 years now and have found the AC to be excellent. No issues till now. It seems that there is a problem with your AC. Get it checked. As for the rikshaw type ride, yes the rear seats are bouncy but definitely nor rikshaw type !!
Old 30th September 2007, 23:19   #10

Santro Suspension Problem

Hi Friends,

I am having Santro erlx 2006 and have changed my tyres with Apollo Accelare tubeless 175/60/13 with K-Speed 13'' alloys. Now when ever a small pot hole or on bad roads i get lot of dhad dhad noise from rear whell. When ever that sound comes I feel like tyre got puctures. Could any one suggest any alternative for this problem.
Old 1st October 2007, 13:03   #11

santro suspension sucks. its a bumpy car.
Old 1st October 2007, 14:22   #12
BHPian

sano ac is good nico suspnsoin
Old 1st October 2007, 14:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Are you speaking english?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino_David View Post
sano ac is good nico suspnsoin
My dear sir, which language do you speak? I could not make out the head or tail of your post.
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
My dear sir, which language do you speak? I could not make out the head or tail of your post.
Sirji this is Bewra language. Just like drunken style kungfu, this is drunken style english !!!
Old 1st November 2007, 17:43   #15
BHPian

Problem with Santro AC when idle.

My Santro is 6 months old and its AC was perfectly fine till i had a BRC LPG kit fitted to it some 10 days back. After that, AC is ok when on the move but when in idle, it doesnt blow cool air. I have tried running on LPG as well as in petrol and its the same for both. Can experts say why this problem exists.

Most Viewed