Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:15   #1
BHPian

Honda City ZX - Broken front windshield

Team,

Front wind shield of my City ZX was hit by a small stone from the tyre of an MUV ahead of me in the high way. The small crack has developed into a feet long 'hair-line' crack in 24 hrs and warrants replacement.

Dakshin Honda here has quoted 12K for replacement while Windshield Experts quoted 6K (both incl labour). On equiring the price difference with both parties:

Windshield Experts - says that their parent company is Asahi (Honda's windshield is Asahi make) and hence they get the best rate. They also will fix the new glass & return in 2 hrs.

Dakshin Honda - says that the glass is Honda OEM and adheres to visibility, reflection etc. norms. They will take 48 hrs to return the car, as the sealant take over 36 hrs to set and any shake prior to the same can dislodge the glass leading to leakage etc.

Can any body with similar experience comment pls. Also, has any body had good/bad experience with Windshield Experts. I am confused.

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Alabjarus,

There are SEVERAL similar threads.

Please do a search before creating a new thread.

Here are two to start you off :
Windshield Experts - Fixing Scratched / Broken Windshileds

Falling stone cracks front windshield

Thread closed.
cya
R
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

I recommend Windshield experts without hesitation. Professional fitting and reasonable rates good service. Used them for my honda and m800 rear screen. Recommend you take it to their works as opposed to repairing it at home as you need a clean environment for putting the bonding stuff
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks