Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy diablo
These are adjustables right? How do you adjust it once fitted?
Like a tap, clockwise for stiffer and anti-clockwise for softer.
Old 16th October 2007, 17:26   #17
BHPian

Hi guys, having sport struts from Pedders fitted to my car on Thursday (18th) ! The only thing is that Pedders apparently do not provide appropriate springs for my car, a Alto Vxi. So the plan is for Electra to fit the struts on Thursday, & then to source compatible springs in the coming weeks...
Old 18th October 2007, 01:39   #18
BANNED

guys...get blistein or koni...they are the best in this business. dont even think of getting any other brands.
Old 18th October 2007, 20:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Like a tap, clockwise for stiffer and anti-clockwise for softer.
These are externally adjustable shocks, but my question was how would you access the rear shocks.

Just came to know that you need to remove the rears and then adjust it. I guess that answers the question....need to be doubly sure of the settings.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Where is eapen now ? Can some-one post the costs involved please.
Old 24th October 2007, 09:10   #21
BHPian

Eapen - Missing in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Where is eapen now ? Can some-one post the costs involved please.
Right , Eapen where art thou? There are many baleno owners in this forum waitin to see your install....
Old 31st October 2007, 08:38   #22
BHPian

I am in New York, USA - so the install would take sometime.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:01   #23
BHPian

Hi guys, I'd upgraded from my 7 year old stock struts to Pedders stock replacement struts last weekend. I'd asked for the Sports Ryder, or the VRD struts, but apparently they're not available for my car (an Alto VXi). I'm told the Pedders are 40% stiffer than stock, & I can feel it. Road-holding seems to have improved noticeably, & the struts seem to have solved other issues I had with the car too, like front-end vibrations while moving off ! In terms of handling, I "think" there's an improvement, but will know for sure only after a "pay & practice" session at the MMST track.

Now for the sad part, the stock springs remain ! Pedders do not make springs for the Alto :( I'm trying to source stiffer springs, but it could take a couple of months - at the least. The question that rankles within me is, would these stock replacement Pedders be sufficient for track use ? Should I go for Koni instead ? In case of Koni, I believe, the stock struts are gutted, & the internals replaced by Koni (Yellow ?) strut internals.

I would also like comments on running stiffer sway bars. I remember reading that the WagonR & the Alto share the same platform, & that the WagonR runs stiffer springs & sway bars to account for it's "tall-boy" design. Is this true ? If so, what are the things I should watch out for if I replace the Alto's springs & sway bars with the ones from the WagonR ?
Old 31st October 2007, 20:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

SAP found a quite a difference in his handling after replacing only his springs in his corsa sail.
Old 1st November 2007, 19:26   #25
BHPian

Hi Nitrous, it was SAP's comments which inspired me to go with a stiffer setup from Pedders. However, in my case, I was forced to upgrade just the struts, the springs are stock ! The stiffer springs from Pedders are, apparently, incompatible with my car.

I did see on the Pedders website that they carry stiffer springs for the WagonR though. Since my car shares the same platform, emailed them if it would suit my need - haven't got a reply yet. Another option, of course, is to switch to stiffer sway bars, which is why I'm looking at the ones in the WagonR.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:53   #26
BHPian

How to install koni strut inserts

Found this nice link.. thought of sharing with you guys! Its so DIY...we tools are available
Installing Koni Strut Inserts
Old 29th January 2008, 22:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

**bump**

Eapen was the setup completed ?
Old 29th January 2008, 22:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I would also like comments on running stiffer sway bars. I remember reading that the WagonR & the Alto share the same platform, & that the WagonR runs stiffer springs & sway bars to account for it's "tall-boy" design. Is this true ? If so, what are the things I should watch out for if I replace the Alto's springs & sway bars with the ones from the WagonR ?
Measure the OD of both the bars...that will tell you how much stiffer the WagonR bar is.
Old 16th June 2008, 04:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Just put some DMS coilovers on the Baleno, and the difference is mindboggling. Of course, the stiffness is now on par with a train, but it's still something else in a corner.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Just put some DMS coilovers on the Baleno, and the difference is mindboggling. Of course, the stiffness is now on par with a train, but it's still something else in a corner.
These are a direct fit on the Baleno? Plug and play?
Cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks