Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 23:38   #1
BANNED

is it time to change my front suspension??

guys from past some days i am hearing some sounds from the front of my zen(di) when ever i pass through a speed breaker or some path hole its very irratating....is it time to change my front suspensions
Old 12th October 2007, 00:02   #2
BHPian

seems so. and you might have to et only the struts replaced, with the coils still being the existing ones. worth getting it done soon, in order to contain further possible damage to the coils too
Old 12th October 2007, 00:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

How much has your car run? Think it could be the bushes which needs to be changed at 20000kms (as advised by MUL service)
Old 12th October 2007, 00:11   #4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

not necessarily, you need to pin point the exact location of the sound and then we'd know.
Old 12th October 2007, 00:40   #5
BANNED

1,60,000km till now on the odo.......how much the struts cost
Old 15th October 2007, 13:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
guys from past some days i am hearing some sounds from the front of my zen(di) when ever i pass through a speed breaker or some path hole its very irratating....is it time to change my front suspensions
Check whether the car bounces or comes to a still when you apply pressure on the shocks. For e.g., apply downwards pressure on your right side fender, just where the suspension is located and see how the car responds.
If it bounces, then your springs have lost their tensile strength and need to be replaced. BTW, when was the last ODO reading at which you had your car's suspension overhauled?
Old 4th March 2008, 11:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Check whether the car bounces or comes to a still when you apply pressure on the shocks. For e.g., apply downwards pressure on your right side fender, just where the suspension is located and see how the car responds.
If it bounces, then your springs have lost their tensile strength and need to be replaced. BTW, when was the last ODO reading at which you had your car's suspension overhauled?
Sorry to bring up an old topic,

but I would just like to clarify one thing here, what do you mean by bouncing, that after releasing it keeps doing a few up and down on the suspension, or do you mean that it comes back from the downward pressure to the normal stance.

My reason for asking is because I gave a down pressure on the suspension, and then it rose back up after release. Do you think that I have to get some work done on the suspension?

Old 4th March 2008, 16:04   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Sorry to bring up an old topic,

but I would just like to clarify one thing here, what do you mean by bouncing, that after releasing it keeps doing a few up and down on the suspension, or do you mean that it comes back from the downward pressure to the normal stance.

My reason for asking is because I gave a down pressure on the suspension, and then it rose back up after release. Do you think that I have to get some work done on the suspension?

Bouncing means after releasing it keeps doing a few up and down on the suspension. But not too many times though !
Old 4th March 2008, 20:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Bouncing means after releasing it keeps doing a few up and down on the suspension. But not too many times though !
Hey i am goiing through the same problem, my Esteem bounces back and from the suspension when i prees from the fender sound i also get a pisss... piss... sound (air leak sound) from the shocker. Does that mean my shockers needs replacing.

Thanks

Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks