Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:08   #1
BHPian

Issues with Safari AC

Hi Guys,

I am having a strange issue with my 5 month old Safari 3.0L. 2 days back with the AC on, i turned the cold/hot selector knob slightly towards the hotter side . This was the first time since buying the vehicle that i have actually turned this knob (has always been on max cold setting).
After coming back from a dinner, i switched on the AC. To my surprise there was no cooling. The compressor is being turned on ( i can see the change in the RPM needle when i switch on the AC and also feel the engine getting "loaded").
If i turn the knob to the "hot" zone, the air becomes hot, but moving to the the cold zone has no effect. I have tried this with re-circulation on/off.

Can someone help me out on this? I wanted to know how is the selection done between hot air/cold air. And also, is there any "debugging" that can be done on my part before taking it to the service station?

Thanks

Nitin
Old 15th October 2007, 18:41   #2
BHPian

There is no cool air affect as the hot air is getting mixed with the heater being 'on' continuously as the setting is stuck in the "hot" mode. Your best bet is to take it to the service station.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks