Team-BHP - Engine analyser
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Engine analyser (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30145-engine-analyser.html)

Hi,

I recently did the 20K kms service for my Zen (2006 Jan model) at Mandovi motors in WIlson garden. I received an engine analyser report along with it which had the results of tests run on different components like Battery, alternator, coil etc. except 2 components, everything show "Pass" status.

what worries me is the result under the 2 of the categories. here's what it shows

PLUGS / PLUGLEADS min max

Plug kv at 810 rpm = FAIL 8 20
CYL1 CYL2 CYL3 CYL4
-7 -6 -7 -7

CYLINDER CONDITION

Power balance at 1916 rpm = FAIL 75 --
CYL1 CYL2 CYL3 CYL4
100% 66% 63% 61%
100% = 303rpm

can anyone throw some light on these. please let me know what is to be done to rectify it, how significant is the impact on the vehicle etc.

the vehicle has stock components with proper service history.

KK

Hi,

Basically this means that your engine is in a bad health and needs overhauling assuming the report is accurate. I would suggest go somewhere else and get a compression test done and put the results here so that we can guide you further. It is highly unlikely to get such bad results for a relatively new car.

Viper

Power balance difference can be caused by faulty valve setting, set it right when cold and then after 10-15 kms running do a check again, things should be back to fine.

If not do a compression check and see if there is huge difference.

Plug wire check and clean the caps and plugs.

which place in bangalore do you suggest to get it done and what will be the approx cost.

also let me know any particular reasons why this happens, because i have never let any local technician touch the car (in fact it has never given me any problems). so how can the valve setting go wrong?

wear n tear and its normal, ask the existing garage to do the settings (assuming its a mass)

any good garaged can do the job

hi guys..
at a loss for words
need to know what procedure is this ?
done by what mech ?
is this OBD 2 diagnostics??

i have a petrol swift & i HAVE to get this done NOW...in MUMBAI

need help need info [including cost]
please
&
thank you

cy

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyneverdie (Post 597530)
hi guys..
at a loss for words
done by what mech ?

please
&
thank you

cy

i meant do you know the name of the engine analysis machine used ?

sorry & thanks again boys
cy

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyneverdie (Post 597530)
hi guys..
at a loss for words
done by what mech ?

please
&
thank you

cy

Why do you HAVE to get it done? Anything wrong with your car?

AFAIK, engine analyzing costs Rs.180/-, and this is done during every service at Mandovi Motors, Wilson Garden and Magadi Road outlets.

ZENnist, i suggest you call up the service advisor who attended your car, and ask him what to do next. The report had all "PASS"es for me, and hence did not bother getting into the details of it.

Hi KK,

I would suggest that forget abt taking you car to MAS and go and meet Sanjay (formerly from RAC).
From the readings (assuming it to be accurate)it shows that there is something wrong with the car, your cyl's 2,3&4 are not performing the way they should be (Performance wise).
If you need any help, you know how to get me.

Cheers
Shrey.

PS: I think this is the reason why u cant take on your "so called" enemy the 1.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyneverdie (Post 597542)
i meant do you know the name of the engine analysis machine used ?

sorry & thanks again boys
cy

i am not sure about the machine name, but the report carries "Crypton CMT 1000 Engine Analyser application"

they charged 250 for this.

Ur car must still be under warranty.
If U take it to an independent garage, U'll lose ur warranty and maybe the free engine repair.
Beware!

hi people any mumbai boys here who can tell me where i can get compression/total engine analysis done
south mumbai preferable pleASE

viper? i know your listening > any suggestions man

cheers people

cy

ps
prices would be great

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 597562)
Why do you HAVE to get it done? Anything wrong with your car?

man dont ask long story
had made a thread but it was removed due to "poor readability"
scoff scoff

wink

but yeah in a nutshell performance and finess gone down , been real busy but gonna : -
decarb my car
flush & change oil & filter
re check injector spray pattern &flow & leak
fuel filter change`
flush radiator
change spark s
change gear oil

done 13000 km been on mobil 1 since 5500

have to do engine analysis before & after i go thru my list
believe its cheapish
just spoke to Vitesse workshop
spoke to some dumbass who could not help much will personally go tomorrow

cheers & still waiting for help from MUMBAI boys

cy

ps
this is what they use in the banglore workshops i presume

Crypton MOT And Diagnostic Testers

OBD-II Scan Tool for ISO 9141/ KWP2000 Protocol | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India

View live engine sensors such as Engine RPM, Calculated Load Value, Coolant Temperature, Fuel System Status, Vehicle Speed, Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, Intake Manifold Pressure, Timing Advance, Intake Air Temperature, Air Flow Rate, Absolute Throttle Position, Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims, Fuel System status, Fuel Pressure an lots more

cy