Team-BHP - Upgraded clutch for swift ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Upgraded clutch for swift ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30230-upgraded-clutch-swift.html)

Guys , I keep reading about people having issues with the clutch of the swift pretty early in the cars life ... My swift has done about 42k so far but no signs of a weak clutch yet !! Im just hoping that it doesn't just go KAPUT one fine day and in teh middle of no where ..... so my question is --

If I do go in for a cllutch change .. do I go in for the original clutch or can I opt for some heavier clutch that would last me better even if driven hard regularly . Im getting the hang fo taking the swift hard into corners and enjoying it and thats why thinking in this angle ...

What other clutch can I opt for and how much would that cost me ... also whats the OEM clutch pricing ??

Experts pls .... :)

try finding a bosch clutch ...I'll try source one out bro.

I'd recommend a SPEC clutch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 599608)
I'd recommend a SPEC clutch.

Any idea how much the complete assembly will cost for the Swift?

As far as Bosch clutches are concerned, I've been hearing that they do not make their own clutches, just brand them. But then I maybe wrong.

Daikin clutches are also good. Sold under the Exedy brand.

I think Peter markets SPEC. He'd be in a better position to answer U, burger thief.

Khaadu75,

my 2005 Baleno had covered 41K kms and I was under similar impression as there were no tell tale signs of engine revving up etc.

But I was suffering from a different kind of problem though, the FE was steadily dropping, my first impression was due to summer and petrol evaporation, hence waited for the rains to start.

Then I thought it was due to frequent gear changes and bad roads, in all drove over 8000 kms with very bad FE and the two service that I did in between Vitesse guys said 7-8 for the baleno is normal.

It was only after a hunch I had the clutch plates checked out and found that they were badly worn out.

do PM me incase you are interested in the other long list of problems.

Cheers!

shivshanker

Bosch , SPEC , Daikin ... could we have more details on these three brands ?? Also if anyone on this forum is using any one of these brands on their swifts ... is there any visible change between the OEM and these brands ? Also if someone could throw some light on how much load would these 3 put on the pocket ??

Thanx guys ....

I too need a new clutch on the baleno for a while now.. Prices for the baleno too would be helpful..

thanks,
Shrivz..

Daikins cost between 9k and 18k for ones you can use on street comfortably. The former will hold your NA power forever, and will withstand continuous abuse for 20k kms. The latter will do the same with a 1 bar turbo, probably for the life of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 599774)
Daikins cost between 9k and 18k for ones you can use on street comfortably. The former will hold your NA power forever, and will withstand continuous abuse for 20k kms. The latter will do the same with a 1 bar turbo, probably for the life of the car.

Hey , what's NA power mean ?? And does it make sense to go in for the latter ... and be tension free forever ( I mean do they give you a such a guarantee :) )

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu
Hey , what's NA power mean ?? And does it make sense to go in for the latter ... and be tension free forever ( I mean do they give you a such a guarantee

Go in for the latter and u'll develop good calf muscles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 600295)
Go in for the latter and u'll develop good calf muscles.

Not both, only the left calf muscle; which would look odd to say the least.

What rot. I've driven enough cars with high-performance clutches and they're almost always softer than, say, a Safari Dicor.

I am planning to put SPEC SC001 (Stage1) from PETE. Can any one tell me the peformance change after change and cost of equipment. What will be the life of these clutch plates? Will this void my warranty?