Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 14:11   #1

Warranty issues-Security system fitment at dealer

Dear Friends,

Recently I booked Chevrolet Spark availing the discount. The dealer Talera motors, Pune was telling that it is better to big security system at their end. If we fit outside, there can be some issues with the warranty of the product, if the original wire is cut. I am confused.How serious is this issue

I was looking for Pricol Xensos security system. But they are not having. Can you educate me in this regard?
Old 21st October 2007, 23:29   #2
BHPian

The dealer is right when " Orignal Wiring is cut" warranty is off..!

But then most systems, including HU-Foglamps-Security Systems are coupler based, so you don't risk tampering the Orignal wiring in anycase.

What I recommend is, Tell the dealer you are willing to pay Installation costs to him, provided he either arranges the system you want or you supply it. I'm sure the agreement will be reached.

Always ensure that you go to a certified and trusted installer for Security system installation,considering the upswing in Central lock mishaps in the country.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:05   #3

Thanks, Wolfinstein. I will talk with the dealer regarding this. But I have seen so many people fitting their security systems outside. Are they risking themselves?
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:35   #4
BHPian

Thats right many people get soem fittments out side , but not in case of any elctronic circuit failure though the fitting is done right by outside guys, Co will not cover under warranty.

Though many would not face any issues but in case any then is the real trouble.

Most Viewed